Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Official VA Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO, it's pretty fun, no major obstacles other than the optional Slick Rock (which, after your cross the stream for the third time, is at the top of the hill off to your left -- definitely worth going up to the top and checking out IMO).

I was up there about a month ago and the stream crossings were pretty high. Looks like Charlottesville got a bunch of rain this week, so curious to hear how they were this weekend!
Old 05-20-2011, 11:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aristobrat
IMO, it's pretty fun, no major obstacles other than the optional Slick Rock (which, after your cross the stream for the third time, is at the top of the hill off to your left -- definitely worth going up to the top and checking out IMO).

I was up there about a month ago and the stream crossings were pretty high. Looks like Charlottesville got a bunch of rain this week, so curious to hear how they were this weekend!
Charlottesville, VA or NC ? Ive been wanting to make a shoe creek run as well. Tomorrow I'm going up to corolla beach with the wife and kid....
Old 05-20-2011, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

VA. Charlottesville is the closest big city to Shoe Creek.

Have fun down in Corrolla tomorrow. Hopefully you don't run into Currituck's finest like the other trip!!!!
Old 05-20-2011, 01:10 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by aristobrat
VA. Charlottesville is the closest big city to Shoe Creek.

Have fun down in Corrolla tomorrow. Hopefully you don't run into Currituck's finest like the other trip!!!!
I hope so too.... We just plan to park on the beach and do some swimming...
Old 05-21-2011, 12:38 PM
JK Junkie

Just got back from corolla beach. The kid and I spent about 2 hours in the water battling the waves. The poor kid got rolled a few times from some decent sized waves. The beach was LOADEDED with jeeps as well........
Old 05-21-2011, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Battlefrog
The beach was LOADEDED with jeeps as well........
Sadly, most of the Jeeps there are rental jeeps, with no concept of things like the "Jeep wave".

Did you head all the way to the Virginia border?
Old 05-21-2011, 03:13 PM
JK Junkie

We drove about a 1/2 mile down from where you enter the beach off of 12 or duck rd... You are right about the waving part, bit snobby up that way.... The kid and I had a blast... I even did some body surfing...
Old 05-21-2011, 03:15 PM
JK Junkie

We should try to organize a meetup/cookout on the beach on a Saturday... Anyone interested ????
Old 05-22-2011, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm interested...but I have a busy schedule. But, I would do my best to make it.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:28 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SayreJK07
I'm interested...but I have a busy schedule. But, I would do my best to make it.
Sounds good, maybe plan for 1st or 2nd week of June ? I'm just waiting on a class conformation. I am supposed to be heading to FT Bragg for a week, so I'm hoping to know soon...

Quick Reply: Official VA Thread