Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Official VA Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 11:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Live in Alexandria, work at the Smithsonian in DC.

I've done most of my (limited) wheeling with NOVAJeepers.

Last edited by Ken-Rahaim; 04-20-2011 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Removed link to outside Jeep forum.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Anybody know what time the trail maintenance is happening Saturday out at starr motors in suffolk??
Trying to find original email, but I'm thinking I may have erased it....
Old 04-20-2011, 02:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

HEY everyone, just picked up my 2011 black unlimited rubi, i live in mclean va so i thought i would just stop in on this thread. modd tiiiiimmmeeee
Old 04-20-2011, 03:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anybody know what time the trail maintenance is happening Saturday out at starr motors in suffolk??
Starts at 1:00. Details are on their Meetup.com page.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm not a member of meetup.com or any local clubs, just lookin to help out. So it's 1pm out at Starr Motors? I wonder why they start so late but thanks for the info
Joe is the Service Director for Starr Motors, and I think they have Saturday hours. Maybe he's waiting til he's off to start?
Old 04-20-2011, 07:48 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by aristobrat
Joe is the Service Director for Starr Motors, and I think they have Saturday hours. Maybe he's waiting til he's off to start?
I got an email about that and replied offering to help, but didn't receive a second email back.....
Old 04-20-2011, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Battlefrog
I got an email about that and replied offering to help, but didn't receive a second email back.....
Hmm, I didn't know he emailed folks. I thought everyone was using the Starr meetup.com site for coordinating.

http://www.meetup.com/starr4wdc/

Either way, I'm sure if you showed up tomorrow at 1pm, there'd be work to do. Although, there are 34 folks that RSVP'ed, so I'm not sure exactly how long it'll take with that many people.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here's the event description from the meetup site:
Who's hosting? JOE BONNEY

i need help getting the course ready for off road day. It is not wheeling day I would like the mud to settle if anyone wants to stay on the dry land to the right or the rock hill to test a few things that is fine. No hill jumping in 2wd etc.. we need a chainsaw a trailer to put some brush on some wheel barrows and shovels to move some dirt into some holes some pruners to trim some branches I wish someone had a stump grinder to get rid of a couple stumps still trying to work on that.Also I want to get a list of volunteers for off road day to help with spotting /winching/ I will need your shirt sizes. It would be nice if for example:Tidewater does rock hill, KMA does rock garden, MPJA does frame twister/ HRJC does chocker hill/JAA does one/DSO does another/No BS jeep covers another one/Outlaw offroad(etc/etc) and if we have enought people to give some breaks.Also if anyone can bring a rock when they come it is always nice to keep adding to the rock hill. We can have a burn barrel and a grill here maybe people can bring some water/soda and grill some burgers and dogs. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
Old 04-20-2011, 08:50 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by aristobrat
Here's the event description from the meetup site:
That's the email I got... I said I'd help out and never heard anything back...
Old 04-20-2011, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Battlefrog
That's the email I got... I said I'd help out and never heard anything back...
Hmm, weird. Dunno why he wouldn't reply.

I guess a better question is how can I get ahold of Joe to see if my trailer would work for the purpose he needs.
I guess call him at Starr. (757) 539-0214

Quick Reply: Official VA Thread