Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Official VA Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
I'm looking at going this weekend if I can pull it off. EC is actually just as close for me as the rest of the area. I'm due north on route 17 just across the line, probably not even an hour out. We didn't check the forecast but the thermometer didn't move much all day while we were there and going higher into the mountain certainly didn't warm things up. I've actually still got my coveralls in the back seat.
I might be up for this if I do not hit up the HRJC thing. Saturday would be the day for me.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I blew my rear driveshaft last night on the way home so she's sidelined for now. I'm looking for a ds to make it until the replacement comes in. Teraflex is being amazing on this one and really helping out.
Old 02-16-2017, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I blew my rear driveshaft last night on the way home so she's sidelined for now. I'm looking for a ds to make it until the replacement comes in. Teraflex is being amazing on this one and really helping out.
That sucks. What d-shaft?
Old 02-16-2017, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

It was a stock rear shaft. I've got 2 of the TF high angles on the way to make it as bulletproof as I need.....she's a daily driver if we're honest.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Corolla is nice and the weather down that way should be pretty pleasant this weekend. I've not heard back from my 'friends' but I've asked around to see who might be up for a Flagpole pt2 run. I'll let ya know if anything materializes.
Not this time around but I'd make the trip down from CT For a weekend this summer if time allows. I've done some exploring up near Elizabeth furnace and peters mill my last time down there but would love to see more. I've done a ton of mountain biking down that way and really want to get the jeep out in VA again
Old 02-17-2017, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jenks
Was thinking of heading down for the beach run also this weekend, we were just down there this past weekend but always down for a good cruise on the beach. This will be our first HRJC event if we go even though we have been "members" for a year or so.
Right right.

I should get off at 1900 tonight if all goes right. Its a 3 hr drive from the house to the other side of the bridge on 158 (across the sound). Still debating..... Or a 2hr run to the mountains and play all day. The time frame from the house to the reservoir on union springs rd., up to flag pole. Heck... might look for something new up there if I go at all.

Last look this morning had 110 people signed up for the Corolla trip. That is a boat load vehicles, and makes for a long day to me. I like the solo or smaller group trips.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

It was a stock rear shaft. I've got 2 of the TF high angles on the way to make it as bulletproof as I need.....she's a daily driver if we're honest.
Cool. Nothing wrong with it being a dd. Mine is when I get to drive it (have a company work truck).
Old 02-17-2017, 11:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Hafaday
Right right.

I should get off at 1900 tonight if all goes right. Its a 3 hr drive from the house to the other side of the bridge on 158 (across the sound). Still debating..... Or a 2hr run to the mountains and play all day. The time frame from the house to the reservoir on union springs rd., up to flag pole. Heck... might look for something new up there if I go at all.

Last look this morning had 110 people signed up for the Corolla trip. That is a boat load vehicles, and makes for a long day to me. I like the solo or smaller group trips.
Yeah I can understand the dilemma, it's only 45min to the bridge for me and its 4-5hrs to the mountains. I would much prefer the mountains but figured meet some new Jeeple and go from there. Plus we are going to stay a night at the beach, off season prices are amazing, $96 for a ocean front balcony room normally $200 or so prime season. On ce it starts warming up a bit I definitely want to camp up flag pole knob.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jenks
Yeah I can understand the dilemma, it's only 45min to the bridge for me and its 4-5hrs to the mountains. I would much prefer the mountains but figured meet some new Jeeple and go from there. Plus we are going to stay a night at the beach, off season prices are amazing, $96 for a ocean front balcony room normally $200 or so prime season. On ce it starts warming up a bit I definitely want to camp up flag pole knob.
Finally in from work..

Yup. I out on this one. A 05 wake up, throw stuff in the Jeep and hit the road NLT 06 to hit the border station on time..... Not this time. You all have fun. catch ya on the flip flop.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Corolla has plenty of space for a ton of vehicles but all you'll do is meet folks down that way. I found an old driveshaft in the shed so I'll be back to functional for cruising around but I'm not taking this shaft any distance.

I've also got a wheel speed sensor to change out on a 2015 so maybe with the nice temps I'll just tear into that project and sling the hammock out.

Enjoy the beach jenks, shout if you find anyone down that way that's going to be a good time for wheeling. We'll pick a weekend and head out to see Bill.

Quick Reply: Official VA Thread