Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Official VA Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK505
I have run it within the last 3 weeks, so we can call that myth busted. STICK TO THE TRAIL. It is posted every 3-5 ft at one point on both sides. The land owner is making it very clear not to bushwhack it up. It's a great little day trail and has some really fun parts in it, but we'll lose it if we abuse it.
I hope you're version is correct. I've been told as of two weeks ago she's been shut down. I guess i'll find out this spring, or my other source tells me different.

Thanks
~Bill

Last edited by Hafaday; 01-17-2015 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

There are certain sections that have been closed and some obstacles that have closed signs on them here recently but the main trail is open. It's all the side trails that are being shut down because it dips into private property. The middle section is private and you will see the signs marking it so you'll know. But the signs actually help guide you up the trail.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone in fairfax/PWC area have a clutch done or know a good shop to have it done? And also what kind of price tag I should expect? Mines at 85k with lift and tires it's on its last leg.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by pjmjk
Anyone in fairfax/PWC area have a clutch done or know a good shop to have it done? And also what kind of price tag I should expect? Mines at 85k with lift and tires it's on its last leg.
You've got CP Off-road in gainesville, but I can't speak specifically for clutch work. I'd use a centerpiece clutch though. They're great. I think they run about $800
Old 01-24-2015, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK505
You've got CP Off-road in gainesville, but I can't speak specifically for clutch work. I'd use a centerpiece clutch though. They're great. I think they run about $800
Hmm alright I'll have to look into it. Is there a big price difference between centerforce and OEM clutch and performance difference? I'm running 37s with 5.13s.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone in the northern VA area have interior carpet or factory muffler they're looking to part ways with?
Old 01-24-2015, 11:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jugast
Anyone in the northern VA area have interior carpet or factory muffler they're looking to part ways with?
I've got carpet I just took out! Missing 2 pieces but most of it is ready for you. Pm for details/pics.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Hmm alright I'll have to look into it. Is there a big price difference between centerforce and OEM clutch and performance difference? I'm running 37s with 5.13s.
Also look into high tech in chantilly, they do great work. And yeah center force will be more expensive (I think $800 vs $500), but the quality is way better.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:59 PM
JK Newbie

I use Tom's Auto Stop for everything I don't want to do or have the tools to do myself. They seem to be decently priced but the greatest part is they do not charge to diagnose engine codes or issues.

You can even have parts delivered directly to them for install.

Just tell them the guy with the supercharged maroon jk sent you. I think you get a referral discount

Last edited by TWilson77; 01-24-2015 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TWilson77
I use Tom's Auto Stop for everything I don't want to do or have the tools to do myself. They seem to be decently priced but the greatest part is they do not charge to diagnose engine codes or issues. You can even have parts delivered directly to them for install. Just tell them the guy with the supercharged maroon jk sent you. I think you get a referral discount
In falls church or Arlington?

Quick Reply: Official VA Thread