Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Official VA Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its Done!!

I would like to thank everybody for the help, and walker111 for stoping by and checking it out. I look foward to meeting all of you!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	jeepjk.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	287829
Old 03-11-2012, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looking good! Glad you got everything figured out.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is how I enjoyed the nice weather today. Found a couple mud holes by the house.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here it is.... the 1st annual Hampton Roads meet and greet.

Date: April 7th

Time: 1200

1996 Power Plant Parkway
Hampton, VA 23666

Nascar Grill has pretty good seating and a really nice outside covered deck with fire pit and bar.
This is a pretty centrally located area, as we have people in New Kent to Virginia Beach and some others around here too.
Let me know how this will work for everyone and please try to bring your families, so everyone can meet.
Here is a link to the thread for the meet and greet.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...Meet-and-Greet
Old 03-19-2012, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I saw my first fellow JK'er today. Anybody know someone with a white JK that lives on Ft. Belvoir?
Old 03-23-2012, 08:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Lookin for a Place to Go (near Warrenton VA)

Hey all,

I live in Warrenton, VA and am looking for a good place to do a wheelin' day trip. Somewhere legal. Got my 2012 JKU and ready to go somewhere w/ the family and my bro and a few other JKU newbies. Me and my bro are beginners to wheelin' so want some easy trails out first time out. All are stock rigs except mine.

What are my best options w/in a 1-2 hr drive??

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2012, 08:55 AM
JK Super Freak

welcome to the family. Show Creek is about 2+ hours south and there are lots of stoker friendly trails out in GWNF. Check out Peter's Mill and flagpole.

Tell us more about your JK, I probably see you around town, I'm on a Red Rock 4 door with stinger on 35's
Old 03-23-2012, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by finnd1
welcome to the family. Show Creek is about 2+ hours south and there are lots of stoker friendly trails out in GWNF. Check out Peter's Mill and flagpole.

Tell us more about your JK, I probably see you around town, I'm on a Red Rock 4 door with stinger on 35's
Thanks I'll have to check out Peters Creeks and Flagpole. Pretty sure Shoe Creek will be further than we want for the first trip out. I added info to my sig - 2012 Cherry Red JKU, black RR rims w/ 35's. Been running around the past 2 weeks w/ doors off and lovin life. I'll keep an eye out for you. We'll see each other soon I'm sure!
Old 03-23-2012, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by finnd1

OK, sorry to be ignorant here - but where is Flagpole? Peters Mill looks like Front Royal area? Are there specific GWNF spots you guys recommend? Guessing 'stoker' friendly means newbie/green trails? I tried going online to research through the National Park type sites and they were a PITA and not helpful in finding the specific trails. I just need some details. Thanks!
Old 03-23-2012, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 65Cobra

OK, sorry to be ignorant here - but where is Flagpole? Peters Mill looks like Front Royal area? Are there specific GWNF spots you guys recommend? Guessing 'stoker' friendly means newbie/green trails? I tried going online to research through the National Park type sites and they were a PITA and not helpful in finding the specific trails. I just need some details. Thanks!
The part of GWNF I went to was in Edinberg I think it was called Peter's Mill or somethng. It was a lot of fun.

Quick Reply: Official VA Thread