Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Official VA Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 10:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go 35's with the BB. I have 2.5 inch with 35's.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Going to pick up my freedom top from Jagermeister427 today. Pretty pumped. Hope it is in pretty good condition. I would hate to drive 9 hours round trip for nothing.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Battlefrog

You should be fine with that and the Hemi will def help as well. It's not horrible as long as you know beforehand that "low/high blues" don't really exist.. It's pretty much low to high blacks.. I'd love to run it again, I'm just not set up for like I'd want to be.. I'm running a D30 and it really needs to be sleeved and gusseted for that run.. I've seen your setup when we went to the beach and you will be fine.. The lockers and 37's are going to make a huge diff..... Take some pics!
Well went to Crozet yesterday, had a good time most of the day, only did low and mid blues most of the day. Then around 3 I went on a low black stream bed trail, boy was that a mistake. Destroyed both Side rails/steps and rock rashed both rear rims all the way around.. I also had to use my rear bumper to push/slide a huge rock out of my way. I also actually got my steering arm stuck inside a tree trunk and had to high lift off it and messed my alignment off bad. It was dark when I left and cold so I went to Merchants and got an alignment instead of doing another "trail alignment".

Was fun but I will not go back with a JKU.. You need a 2 door for most of it.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by duglas

Well went to Crozet yesterday, had a good time most of the day, only did low and mid blues most of the day. Then around 3 I went on a low black stream bed trail, boy was that a mistake. Destroyed both Side rails/steps and rock rashed both rear rims all the way around.. I also had to use my rear bumper to push/slide a huge rock out of my way. I also actually got my steering arm stuck inside a tree trunk and had to high lift off it and messed my alignment off bad. It was dark when I left and cold so I went to Merchants and got an alignment instead of doing another "trail alignment".

Was fun but I will not go back with a JKU.. You need a 2 door for most of it.
I believe I know what stream bed your referring to. Did it have some HUGE rocks on the right side as you were entering, and a decent ledge to climb before crawling through the stream bed? If so, yes, it is a rough obstacle. I did that and changed my mind about continuing shortly after... That sucks that you sustained all that damage..
Old 12-11-2011, 01:32 PM
JK Newbie

hey whats going on guys? anybody planning a trip soon?
Old 12-11-2011, 01:34 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ty01
hey whats going on guys? anybody planning a trip soon?
Haha, what's up TY.. I'm gonna try to hit up Uwharrie with Karl's brother adam (hopefully Karl as well) on 6-7 jan.. Maybe camp for that weekend..
Old 12-11-2011, 01:48 PM
JK Newbie

sounds bad ass!!! let do it
Old 12-11-2011, 01:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Should be in... I'll check my calendar
Old 12-11-2011, 02:45 PM
JK Junkie

Cool, I will be solo cause the wife leaves for school on the 6th as well...
Old 12-11-2011, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is Uwharrie something I can do stock or able to bypass obstacles too much for stock? Not sure i will have the lift and tires installed by 6th. Maybe... maybe not.

Quick Reply: Official VA Thread