Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Official VA Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone going to Crozet this weekend? I signed up and was planning on driving up really early Sat. morning..

http://rcpfa.com/showthread.php?2591...0203#post20203
Old 12-08-2011, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by duglas
Anyone going to Crozet this weekend? I signed up and was planning on driving up really early Sat. morning..
Very cool that it's a Toys for Tots run, but as long as my JK is my DD, Crozet is one place I'm content with experiencing through other people's pictures!
Old 12-09-2011, 02:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aristobrat
Very cool that it's a Toys for Tots run, but as long as my JK is my DD, Crozet is one place I'm content with experiencing through other people's pictures!
From first hand expirience, I truly concur my friend...
Old 12-09-2011, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aristobrat
Oh GREAT... My JK is my daily driver also and I planned on driving it there and driving it home...

I hope to be OK if I stay off anything black.. I ordered a engine/trans skid plate but it is not here yet so everything under my jeep is exposed..

It says they have blue trails that have some blacks and you can go around the blacks..

Would really suck having a broken JK 4 hours from home..
Old 12-09-2011, 07:52 AM
JK Junkie

Oh GREAT... My JK is my daily driver also and I planned on driving it there and driving it home...

I hope to be OK if I stay off anything black.. I ordered a engine/trans skid plate but it is not here yet so everything under my jeep is exposed..

It says they have blue trails that have some blacks and you can go around the blacks..

Would really suck having a broken JK 4 hours from home..
I signed up for low blues, and less than a hour into run (second obstacle) myself and Karl left... It's doable, but lockers and armor are almost a must. Honestly, it's a run for rock buggies and a weekend Toy... I will not do that run again unless I can trail guide myself and run with my own jeep buddies...
Old 12-09-2011, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Battlefrog
I signed up for low blues, and less than a hour into run (second obstacle) myself and Karl left... It's doable, but lockers and armor are almost a must. Honestly, it's a run for rock buggies and a weekend Toy... I will not do that run again unless I can trail guide myself and run with my own jeep buddies...
Well I already have a hotel and paid for tomorrow and my 6yo is really excited about going so I will just go and do the easiest ones they have..

I do have a D60 rear with locker and D44 front with locker, 4.5" LA lift and 37" tires..

Just no armor and a 6.1L oil pan fully exposed..
Old 12-09-2011, 10:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Well I already have a hotel and paid for tomorrow and my 6yo is really excited about going so I will just go and do the easiest ones they have..

I do have a D60 rear with locker and D44 front with locker, 4.5" LA lift and 37" tires..

bring 7qts if oil with you.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:20 AM
JK Junkie

You should be fine with that and the Hemi will def help as well. It's not horrible as long as you know beforehand that "low/high blues" don't really exist.. It's pretty much low to high blacks.. I'd love to run it again, I'm just not set up for like I'd want to be.. I'm running a D30 and it really needs to be sleeved and gusseted for that run.. I've seen your setup when we went to the beach and you will be fine.. The lockers and 37's are going to make a huge diff..... Take some pics!
Old 12-10-2011, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Me and a buddy just got a couple JKUs... we heard that there are some decent trails off Coal rd by 664, so we went there looking for something our stock jkus could handle.

Ended up going Coal rd for 7 miles to FR 162. Took 162 all the way to Blue Ridge Parkway. Some small stuff, lots of fun and great views.

Any suggestions in that area for stock rides? What about after christmas when santa brings a lift and tires? Prob a BB and 33s.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by salerno
Me and a buddy just got a couple JKUs... we heard that there are some decent trails off Coal rd by 664, so we went there looking for something our stock jkus could handle.

Ended up going Coal rd for 7 miles to FR 162. Took 162 all the way to Blue Ridge Parkway. Some small stuff, lots of fun and great views.

Any suggestions in that area for stock rides? What about after christmas when santa brings a lift and tires? Prob a BB and 33s.
Myself and a couple others are planning a Uwharrie run for 6 jan if your interested..

Quick Reply: Official VA Thread