Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Official VA Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 11:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Richmond VA here... Ready for trail runs anytime!
Old 01-22-2011, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Northern VA

Live in Fairfax, moving to arlington in a few months. Just finished planning for the wedding and I'm looking forward to getting back to Jeeping. Would love to find meet some of the other Jeepers in the NOVA area.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I went out to Starr Motors Off Road course yesterday in Suffolk, VA and had a blast. Did anyone else on here go? If not, you should try to make it out there sometime.

The JK did great and left without any damage!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was going to go, but my JK's power steering pump exploded (and the serpentine belt fell off) at Shoe Creek Friday afternoon.

Def looking forward to the next Starr meetup though!
Old 01-24-2011, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

I was there!

It was my first time and I had a blast. I have a completely stock 2 door and it was a beast. I was able to tackle all of the big hills but not the rock garden.

I can't wait for my tax refund check to come so I can get a lift and some 33s.

Does anyone know if this is a regular thing? I am a member on the Meetup page but I didn't see another event until Summer.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:51 AM
JK Newbie

Glad to finally find a Va posting. From Richmond, stationed in Jacksonville,Nc with the Marines. Im in Richmond all the time ready to ride.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

How much is it? I'd make the drive from Richmond to hang and wheel with some other VA jks!
Old 01-24-2011, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr_Salad
Does anyone know if this is a regular thing? I am a member on the Meetup page but I didn't see another event until Summer.
They just created the meetup site, and this weekend was the first "get together" for that. Hopefully they'll announce something before the May "Offroad Day" (which is typically a very crazy-busy event)!

Originally Posted by akholmes
How much is it? I'd make the drive from Richmond to hang and wheel with some other VA jks!
The only time I've seen a price associated with wheeling there is when they're doing a charity event, like the May "Offroad Day". I think it's like $25 to wheel that day. The event last weekend, and the weekends my Jeep club go, have always been free.

If you want, signup for their meetup group. It's free, and you'll be able to check the calendar for upcoming events:
http://www.meetup.com/starr4wdc/
Old 01-24-2011, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SayreJK07
I went out to Starr Motors Off Road course yesterday in Suffolk, VA and had a blast. Did anyone else on here go? If not, you should try to make it out there sometime.

The JK did great and left without any damage!
I was there too. I didn't play much, but the course is very well laid out and has varied obstacles. It is probably the only place to legally wheel in the area - hopefully the club will use it alot.

Last edited by 11JKU-HOSS; 01-24-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mr_Salad
I was there!

It was my first time and I had a blast. I have a completely stock 2 door and it was a beast. I was able to tackle all of the big hills but not the rock garden.

I can't wait for my tax refund check to come so I can get a lift and some 33s.

Not to knock ya, but why bother with a lift and just put on 33's. You can just about run 33's now... A 2.5 lift will let you run 35's... just sayin'

Quick Reply: Official VA Thread