Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 05-07-2009, 05:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by joey2times
totally down for that... hahah again thanks alot for making your tools/workspace/expertece available to us...

I am thinking with all of us being fairly hands on we are going to have PLENTY of time for grilling up some steaks and burgers hahaha oh and of course some beers!
I'm thinking the same thing!!!

Wow, Mark (Offroadme), you ARE a good guy! I mean, you've cleaned out the garage, made it and yourself available both days, and are excited about it! I have a feeling that if we finish all the lifts early enough, we may have to cut the grass or something while you relax and drink the beers and eat the steaks! (which BTW, WOULD BE FINE WITH ME!)

And hey, if you ever need help wtih your company's employee benefits, or other similar insurance needs, I'm your man!
Old 05-07-2009, 06:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any time guys!!!!. just keep me posted on what day or both.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:23 AM
JK Junkie

ok. Looks like the pool is still closed, SO LET'S GO FOR THE 16TH!!!! I think that was better for everyone, right?

What time do you want us there, Mark?

And what else should I bring? I've got extra jack stands and plenty of hand tools. Do you think it would be better to bring extras so we can do things simultaneously, or not have too many extra tools laying around? I also have air tools and extra lines if you need them.

Is anyone bringing kids? I may have one or two of mine in tow for part of the day. They're young Jeepers (probably have more trail time than MOST Jeep owners out there! No joke!)

Now, who's in charge of THE WEATHER!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 06:29 AM
JK Super Freak

woohoo!!! the 16th it is!!!
I am psyched!!! hahahaha

As for kids, nope... I am 25 so I am kinda still a kid myself... hahah
but I think its cool that your kids are mini jeepers!

let me know what I can bring also... I don't have any real useful tools that you wouldnt already have I would assume... but I can bring a cooler full of beers and some niceeee marinated steaks and some burgers! hahaha

oh and I volunteer to be the seccond one to get the lift in...
so we are warmed up and all work out all the "whopse" moments hahahaha

Any time on the 16th is good for me. so when ever we are welcome and when ever works for you guys sounds gooood.

This is guna be a good time...
I hope the weather decides to play nice!
Old 05-07-2009, 06:38 AM
JK Junkie

oh and I volunteer to be the seccond one to get the lift in...
so we are warmed up and all work out all the "whopse" moments hahahaha
LOL. I thought about that too. so to be fair, let's do them all at the same time! We're doing 3, right?

I think we should line up the jeeps, each owner starts tearing it apart, and Mark stands over us, walking from Jeep to Jeep correcting our mistakes. First one done gets a beer, last one done cuts the grass (but still gets a beer).

We'll film it and make it the newest show on Speed channel. Like those engine builder races.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:40 AM
JK Super Freak

well i checked the weather it says sun and 67 but it's WAY to far off to tell. the weather men are morons. kids are welcome i have 3 cats they can chase after. im 27 no kids for me yet!!! the cats are good for now

time is up to you guys if you want to start early I would say 9-10 am . this way we can get a jump and if anyone has anything else they want to do we will have the time.

Adam don't worry about the tools and the jack stands i used to be a mechanic so i have plenty of tools and air tools. i have 8 jackstands no need for anymore. just bring some beer and yourself with your lifts and we will have some fun.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:13 AM
JK Junkie

wahoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

I've always wanted to participate in a lift party. And to be one of the beneficiaries is even better.

I'd prefer not to bring my kids, but it depends on the home schedule. Thanks for the open invite for them though.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:18 AM
JK Super Freak

ummm so I might even order a Track bar from Quadratec (because it will be here in like one days time hahaha) because I am soo excited about this...

Anyone have a sugestion ?? is the Tereflex front HD one really worth the $$ or is the JKS one more then enough as is ??

I really wasnt going to get one till farther down the road but I just got a bouns at work today woohoooo so I might pick one up so I dont have to worry about anything at all...

Front adjustable would be what I would get... I dont need the rear one really.. do I ??
Old 05-07-2009, 07:22 AM
JK Super Freak

ummm so I might even order a Track bar from Quadratec (because it will be here in like one days time hahaha) because I am soo excited about this...

Anyone have a sugestion ?? is the Tereflex front HD one really worth the $$ or is the JKS one more then enough as is ??

I really wasnt going to get one till farther down the road but I just got a bouns at work today woohoooo so I might pick one up so I dont have to worry about anything at all...

Front adjustable would be what I would get... I dont need the rear one really.. do I ??
the TF one is bad ass. i have that in my rig. it's a monster. as far at the back i don't have an adjustable one i have the rear track bar bracket from TF works great. it has 3 different spots to put the track bar. so it's more of an adjustable bracket than a adju trak bar
Old 05-07-2009, 07:31 AM
JK Junkie

My understanding is that with the 2.5" TF coil lift, we don't need an adj trackbar up front. Right? It's because (correct me if I'm wrong) the lift isn't high enough to throw it out of alignment. Plus, doesn't the front bracket help reposition the axle? Please, educate me!

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY