Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 05-05-2009, 09:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Joey2x,
I thought you got your lift put in during the last install party!

Here's the deal, according to Brown (UPS) my package isn't in the system yet. It's shipping today from Utah to NY. So it may not make it in time for this weekend. Which is too bad since this saturday is national Go Topless (in your Jeep) day.

So if it shows up on friday, I'm in for Saturday only. Not mother's day.

As for the 16th/17th, I'm only available if my son's swim meet is cancelled (if Eisenhower's pool isn't open by then after their mishap).

But I can definitely do the 23rd.

Mark (Offroadme) has generously offered his garage, tools and expertise on either the 16th or 23rd.

I believe it's Vin who can't make the 23rd.

Sooooo, as soon as I know about the 16th (swim meet) I'll let you guys know. Or if my kit is expected to make it here by friday I'll let you know, but that's highly unlikely.

So either the 16th or 23rd. (or both and Mark has enough beer to last the entire summer!)
Like I said, worst comes to worst, I'll be able to take the day off on the 23rd. I'll try to be availible for the 16th too, just in case.

Originally Posted by Offroadme
either the 16th of the 23rd is perfect this coming weekend im installing a new server in my office i will be working friday into saturday night to get it finished before monday's deadline. we can totally to the 16th and the 23rd if thats what is good for everyone. im always around just a bad weekend this weeknd due to work. but lets do this we can bbq too. got to eat with beer they go hand and hand
Thanks for the generous offer! You're right, BBQ and beer definitely go hand in hand. Hopefully we'll be able to make it all work in one day.

Last edited by Snickterp; 05-05-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:32 PM
JK Super Freak

cool sounds good everyone just keep me posted
Old 05-06-2009, 06:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Offroadme
either the 16th of the 23rd is perfect this coming weekend im installing a new server in my office i will be working friday into saturday night to get it finished before monday's deadline. we can totally to the 16th and the 23rd if thats what is good for everyone. im always around just a bad weekend this weeknd due to work. but lets do this we can bbq too. got to eat with beer they go hand and hand

dude I really appreaciate the hookup for using your shop... I am totally down for the 16th if thats cool... I will def bring some beers and some grill food...

I totally understand the work thing man and thats no problem at all. I can def hold out till the 16th and again THANK YOU for offering help and a shop with tools!!!

oh, where is this place located ? (need to know where to get beers from so they are COLD when I get there) hahah
Old 05-06-2009, 06:53 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just went back and re-read the posts. It appears that the only possible conflict that cannot be avoided is me on the 16th IF my son's swim meet is on. As of this morning, I still don't know.

Also, the Ateam has a RC run on the 16th weekend.

But the 23rd works for everyone, even though it's a bit tough for Vin.

So should we wait until I know for sure about the 16th or do you want to put it in the calendar for the 23rd? My preference is to wait until I know if I can do the 16th, because I'd like to get it done sooner rather than later.

is that ok?
Old 05-06-2009, 07:15 AM
JK Super Freak

well you guys work it out i can do it both weekends. if some want to come the 16th and whoever else and then others come the 23rd it's fine with me. this way everyone can get it done when it's good for them. i have no problems either date.

I am in Oysterbay if you want i can Pm whoever is coming with my address
Old 05-06-2009, 08:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
I just went back and re-read the posts. It appears that the only possible conflict that cannot be avoided is me on the 16th IF my son's swim meet is on. As of this morning, I still don't know.

Also, the Ateam has a RC run on the 16th weekend.

But the 23rd works for everyone, even though it's a bit tough for Vin.

So should we wait until I know for sure about the 16th or do you want to put it in the calendar for the 23rd? My preference is to wait until I know if I can do the 16th, because I'd like to get it done sooner rather than later.

is that ok?
umm where is this swim meet again ??? I need to sabatoge the pool so we can get this done on the 16th!!! hahahaha

idk if I can do the 23rd either... I mean I might be able to... but its guna be hard...

I feel bad for your son if its cancelled but I am hoping it is !! hahaha
Old 05-06-2009, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I agree, I'm totally willing to wait till you can find out if the 16th is good for you. No need to set any dates in stone just yet.

Offroadme, do you have any experience with grinding the calipers for 15" wheels? Thats what I'm putting on, but I since they haven't arrived yet I don't know if i'll have any clearance issues.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Snickterp
I agree, I'm totally willing to wait till you can find out if the 16th is good for you. No need to set any dates in stone just yet.

Offroadme, do you have any experience with grinding the calipers for 15" wheels? Thats what I'm putting on, but I since they haven't arrived yet I don't know if i'll have any clearance issues.
i have had to grind the cals on my old jeep they rubbed a 16th of an inch had to take a little off. you won't really know until you get them on but i have everything do to it. it's not hard at all..
Old 05-06-2009, 09:32 AM
JK Super Freak

well I just got a heads up from Quadratec... they got something of mine shipped out... hahaha

I think its the Rear quadratec mat... ughh I wish they could just send me the fronts and rears at once... hahaha
damn backorder...

I am itching to add things!!!

I have the RR black gas cover sitting in my living room next to my TF 2.5'' coils and my TF shocks and I am itching to get stuff on!!

Figures... its finally nice today and I am going to have to work later then usual....
DOH!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by joey2times
umm where is this swim meet again ??? I need to sabatoge the pool so we can get this done on the 16th!!! hahahaha

idk if I can do the 23rd either... I mean I might be able to... but its guna be hard...

I feel bad for your son if its cancelled but I am hoping it is !! hahaha

That's the problem, the pool lights at Eisenhower Park fell into the pool from the ceiling. These are MAJOR light fixtures! So they had to drain this GIANT pool to clean all the glass out and work above it. Aparently, it takes a while to refill!

So, Joey2x, IT WAS YOU!!!

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY