Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 05-05-2009, 06:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Snickterp
Yes you're technically supposed to be fishing at all these locations. Going at night, I have never been bothered for just cruising around the beach and then hanging out at a spot for a bit. You MUST however always have all beach gear with you at all times out there, poles and all.

During the day however, if I stop somewhere to hang out by the shore, I'll cast a rod and leave it stuck in the sand with a rod holder so as it gives the appearance of fishing while I'm hanging out in the sun
Thanks Snickterp for the info! That's the thought I had...Cast a rod, stick it in a pvc pipe, and hangout
Old 05-05-2009, 07:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Offroadme
more than welcome to come do it at my place. got everything we need. im right in Oysterbay let me know. the 23rd sounds good to me don't think anything is going on that weekend. all we need is some beer. let me know we can bang both of them out with no problem.
THAT WOULD BE GREAT! don't forget it's Mem day weekend. just fyi. I will GLADLY supply the beverages! (but may limit their distribution until after my Jeep is actually back together )
Old 05-05-2009, 07:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Slacker90
Thanks Snickterp for the info! That's the thought I had...Cast a rod, stick it in a pvc pipe, and hangout
You're quite welcome.

more than welcome to come do it at my place. got everything we need. im right in Oysterbay let me know. the 23rd sounds good to me don't think anything is going on that weekend. all we need is some beer. let me know we can bang both of them out with no problem.
Thanks for the offer, that sounds awesome.

Adam, I don't know if you could stand waiting this long, but I come back from Aruba on the 29th, and I know for sure I have the 30th off. I'm not sure about next weekend yet, the 16th and 17th. Maybe we could do it then if I'm free?
Old 05-05-2009, 09:52 AM
JK Junkie

I may have my son's swim meet on the 16th-17th, but it's undecided. Pool issues at Eisenhower. If it's cancelled, I'm available. But I know the Ateam is going to Rousch that weekend. Now sure if Offroadme is available then.

I'm scheduled to go to MA off roading on the 30th weekend, so I'd really like to get this done before then! Hence the 23rd.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
I may have my son's swim meet on the 16th-17th, but it's undecided. Pool issues at Eisenhower. If it's cancelled, I'm available. But I know the Ateam is going to Rousch that weekend. Now sure if Offroadme is available then.

I'm scheduled to go to MA off roading on the 30th weekend, so I'd really like to get this done before then! Hence the 23rd.
the 16th and the 17th is fine as of right now and memorial day weekend i will have my apt to myself and the garage all mine the girlfriend is going away with some friends to the cape. so either weekend is good for me. this weekend is just the only bad one im installing a 120,000 dollar server at my office so im all booked for the weekend. but let me guys know when is good for you and we can figure something out. my garage is always open
Old 05-05-2009, 11:29 AM
JK Super Freak

hey hey dont forget about meee!!! I missed you guys this past friday.. I went to the train station but no one was there... when I got home I got a PM from BBrish that it was moved to a wing place and I was going to head back out that way but it was getting kinda late....

I might not be able to get to hang with you guys on memorial day but I am def willing to do so before hand if anyone wants their kit in earlllyyy.. hahaha

I am good for a case or two just name your favorites and I am more then familiar around jeeps I just dont have access to lifts and stuff...

I was even thinking about just paying to have it put in because I am soo excited about it but if anyone wants to help me and has some acess to stuff I would more then be happy to bring the beers instead of poneying up for some garage to put it in... I like getting my hands dirty on my own jeep hahahah

anyone up for doing a lift this weekend or maybe the weekend of the 15th-17th?? it includes a free case of your favorite beer!! hahah
Old 05-05-2009, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Adam, I'll see if i can get off the 16th and/or the 17th so if you're open one of those days, maybe we can do it then. But if the 23rd is the best date for all, I can definitaly take a personal day so we can all get it done together

joey2times, this weekend I know I can't do it at all. Hopefully we can figure something out.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Snickterp
Adam, I'll see if i can get off the 16th and/or the 17th so if you're open one of those days, maybe we can do it then. But if the 23rd is the best date for all, I can definitaly take a personal day so we can all get it done together

joey2times, this weekend I know I can't do it at all. Hopefully we can figure something out.
Its all good I really was hoping to get it in and done and maybe to hit Rousch Creek sometime soon!! the 16th or 30th or something
Old 05-05-2009, 02:05 PM
JK Junkie

Joey2x,
I thought you got your lift put in during the last install party!

Here's the deal, according to Brown (UPS) my package isn't in the system yet. It's shipping today from Utah to NY. So it may not make it in time for this weekend. Which is too bad since this saturday is national Go Topless (in your Jeep) day.

So if it shows up on friday, I'm in for Saturday only. Not mother's day.

As for the 16th/17th, I'm only available if my son's swim meet is cancelled (if Eisenhower's pool isn't open by then after their mishap).

But I can definitely do the 23rd.

Mark (Offroadme) has generously offered his garage, tools and expertise on either the 16th or 23rd.

I believe it's Vin who can't make the 23rd.

Sooooo, as soon as I know about the 16th (swim meet) I'll let you guys know. Or if my kit is expected to make it here by friday I'll let you know, but that's highly unlikely.

So either the 16th or 23rd. (or both and Mark has enough beer to last the entire summer!)
Old 05-05-2009, 08:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Joey2x,
I thought you got your lift put in during the last install party!

Here's the deal, according to Brown (UPS) my package isn't in the system yet. It's shipping today from Utah to NY. So it may not make it in time for this weekend. Which is too bad since this saturday is national Go Topless (in your Jeep) day.

So if it shows up on friday, I'm in for Saturday only. Not mother's day.

As for the 16th/17th, I'm only available if my son's swim meet is cancelled (if Eisenhower's pool isn't open by then after their mishap).

But I can definitely do the 23rd.

Mark (Offroadme) has generously offered his garage, tools and expertise on either the 16th or 23rd.

I believe it's Vin who can't make the 23rd.

Sooooo, as soon as I know about the 16th (swim meet) I'll let you guys know. Or if my kit is expected to make it here by friday I'll let you know, but that's highly unlikely.

So either the 16th or 23rd. (or both and Mark has enough beer to last the entire summer!)
either the 16th of the 23rd is perfect this coming weekend im installing a new server in my office i will be working friday into saturday night to get it finished before monday's deadline. we can totally to the 16th and the 23rd if thats what is good for everyone. im always around just a bad weekend this weeknd due to work. but lets do this we can bbq too. got to eat with beer they go hand and hand

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY