Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 05-01-2009, 06:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamisadam
I'd like to get there today as well. I have a 7pm meeting in Dix Hills, so maybe I'll go before. I was thinking I'd go afterwards, but this weather sux. I'd like a beach run with my brand new beach permit! I better change my clothes!!!

Who's going tonight and what time?
My CTS Cert is at 1:30 prob be done around 4:30 I hope....

after that going to trek it to bellmore
Old 05-01-2009, 06:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by joey2times
also !! someone update the calander for the A-TEAM

hahah 5:30 bellmore train station right ??

I am really trying to get my ass there today... rain or not I need to show up and meet some people... haha
yes sir around 530 i will see you all there.

And adam im not sure about the mygig i have a tomtom and i can just plug the points right into it, but you really dont need it just drive down ocean parkway youll find it.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

ok so heres what was posted on the Ateam forum for tonight , because of the expected rain "Hey all due to severe weather forcast fridays meeting is cancelled....ok if you believed that your out of the club, anyway, were changing it Boss Crokers in wantagh at 6pm the address is 1871 wantagh ave wantagh ny 11793 all are welcome to come have some food, wings and maybe a beer or 10, cya all there!
Old 05-04-2009, 06:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just pulled the trigger on my Teraflex 2.5" coil lift. Anyone care to have another lift party? I'd like to get it in before the end of the month when I go to MA with Rubicon Rich. It MIGHT be here by friday, most likely not until monday. Any volunteers?

Maybe next tuesday night? Or how about saturday 23rd?
Old 05-04-2009, 11:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just pulled the trigger on my Teraflex 2.5" coil lift. Anyone care to have another lift party? I'd like to get it in before the end of the month when I go to MA with Rubicon Rich. It MIGHT be here by friday, most likely not until monday. Any volunteers?

Maybe next tuesday night? Or how about saturday 23rd?
I'm definitaly down for a lift party. My teraflex is still sitting in the garage waiting, and I just got the word my wheels/tires just shipped today!
Old 05-05-2009, 03:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Snickterp
I'm definitaly down for a lift party. My teraflex is still sitting in the garage waiting, and I just got the word my wheels/tires just shipped today!

Cool! Wow, two 2009 Sunburst Oranges being lifted at the same time. Should make for fun photos.

Wanna start a thread on the Ateam4x4 site or shall I? How is mem day weekend for you, the 23rd like I suggested? Or any day that weekend. I like saturday in case we need parts or something.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BBirish
Starting on the left (west) the first beach is

Gilgo-just a strip of beach good for fishing

the middle beach is Sore Thumb
this beach has a long strip of beach and some little rocks, cliffs and little "trails" this is the best beach imo

The one furthest to the right (east) is Democrat point - this beach is good for people that need to air down and don't have their own air to air back up. at the exit there are 3-4 spots or air up but you NEED YOUR OWN AIR CHUCK. This spot is usually full of hardcore fishermen that even have campers and stay overnight!

Attachment 23257
According to the permit, these locations are for fishing only. However I've heard that no one bothers you if you are not fishing. Is this true? I'm looking for a place just to hang out like at Smith's Point (when it's not erroded or Piping Plover season).

Thanks,
Brian
Old 05-05-2009, 05:24 AM
JK Super Freak

more than welcome to come do it at my place. got everything we need. im right in Oysterbay let me know. the 23rd sounds good to me don't think anything is going on that weekend. all we need is some beer. let me know we can bang both of them out with no problem.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cool! Wow, two 2009 Sunburst Oranges being lifted at the same time. Should make for fun photos.

Wanna start a thread on the Ateam4x4 site or shall I? How is mem day weekend for you, the 23rd like I suggested? Or any day that weekend. I like saturday in case we need parts or something.
You're welcome to start the thread up. If you get them before next tuesday night, that day would be perfect for me. I'm not too sure about Memorial Day weekend just yet. It's my Girfriend's Birthday then, and then I leave for Aruba on that Monday.

Also, it doesn't usually help that my job sometimes involves me working on weekends.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Slacker90
According to the permit, these locations are for fishing only. However I've heard that no one bothers you if you are not fishing. Is this true? I'm looking for a place just to hang out like at Smith's Point (when it's not erroded or Piping Plover season).

Thanks,
Brian
Yes you're technically supposed to be fishing at all these locations. Going at night, I have never been bothered for just cruising around the beach and then hanging out at a spot for a bit. You MUST however always have all beach gear with you at all times out there, poles and all.

During the day however, if I stop somewhere to hang out by the shore, I'll cast a rod and leave it stuck in the sand with a rod holder so as it gives the appearance of fishing while I'm hanging out in the sun

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY