Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 10-31-2007, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgot a couple of little things...

1.) Off-Road shops:

-RMS Off-Road in Bohemia. www.rmsoffroad.com
When I am ready, I am getting nearly everything from Rich. Good guy, and good work/products offered. When the time comes (as soon as possible) for my stuff to get ordered, that's where I am going.

-TNT Conversions also in Bohemia. www.tntconversions.com
Leo is an awesome guy. He installs kits but is more of a custom fabricator. He is an AMAZING welder. Currently (on the side, when time permits) he is building a full blown Race Monster Truck...Long Island's first. Has built a few other Monsters as well. Awesome work...Leo's a real good guy, too.

2.) I got my JK at Island Jeep in Lindenhurst as well. Awesome treatment there. One of my bosses is a longtime friend with Ron Hasel, one of the two owning partners at Island Jeep. When I walked in the door to start looking I was 19 (when I bought it/took delivery...then again, the whole process took LESS than a month! I bought one that was in stock when it arrived).

Anyway, I couldn't believe the treatment I got whenever I was at, or still go, to Island Jeep. They know my name, the whole nine yards. I'm 20 now, and for being so young I feel like a King when I walk in there. Very helpful, stand behind the product, etc. Awesome people over there, no complaints whatsoever. Just an incredible experience all around at Island Jeep...and I have been to a Chevy dealer nearby about a year ago, and the treatment I got there was CRAP. Stood around for an hour with NO ONE even acknowledging me, and when I went to a salesperson it seemed as if they were less than pleased to be answering my questions. So Island Jeep, rock on! THANKS, RON!

That should cover everything I left out of the first post. If anyone has any questions about anything I touched upon, let me know one way or the other! I look forward to hearing from some of you!
Old 10-31-2007, 09:27 PM
JK Newbie

wow jkstell..you can talk ...once my jeep is running good, i am gonna check out some trails out by riverhead, brothers friends know some spots out there...maybe we could all get together and head out there one day...we got to try set something up...all this pavement is givin me a headache...

lindenhurst is a good dealer...havent given me the run around like other dealers when i bring my jeep in and leave them with a list of 6 things to fix, they attempt to fix the problems....we will see how they do this time...
Old 11-01-2007, 04:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Unfortuneately...

I have to...

WORK

There, I said it. Oh well...

And yeah, I got my 'gift of gab' from my Mom, go figure...

Until the semester is over I don't think I will be going on too many day trips. Like I said in my first post, during my school year and work schedule that coincides with school I usually only get some night trips in. I mean, I'm clear Tuesday/Thursday afternoons and Wednesday until 2:55 when class starts, but that just wouldn't work because of: a.) where I go to school, and b.) other people's schedule.

DAMN I can't wait until school is over! I'm gettin' there though...

Still, let's keep this thread updated. Lot's of good information in here so far...and like I said, I'd love to hear about those trails in Riverhead.

THANKS!
Old 11-01-2007, 07:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TheDog218
So how is this Sunday for everyone ????????????
I'm good after 1:30 on Sunday.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:31 PM
JK Newbie

i work all sundays...sorry guys..

thedog218...i saw your jeep at hunt. dealership today,,gotta say i am a little jealous..very nice rig...so whats the deal, are you working there now or just in for a service.? what position did they want you for anyway? again..nice lookin jeep!!
Old 11-03-2007, 04:37 AM
JK Newbie

Hey TheDog218

What issues are you having w/ the ESP ?
The only issue I had was when I test drove it after installing the lift and I didn't straighten the steering wheel. After I straighten the steering wheel no problems.
I also saw your Jeep @ the dealer, looks great.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

Too much going on today. Next weekend I'll be @ Rausch Creek for the competition.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDog218
Ok I keep trying to put something together with no such luck. So I leave it up to one of you to pick a time and a place...
Well from where you are, you could try getting together with the southern New England boys. It's at least as close as Rausch Creek
You can see their pictures from last weekend.

or visit them at:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/new-england-46/tolland-ma-trail-run-november-3rd-there-17956/
or
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/new-england-46/tolland-ma-trip-19605/
or get in on the plans for their next ride.

you will, of course, find them in New England.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:50 AM
JK Freak

checkout his gallery.

http://my.project-jk.com/showgallery...ser=926&sort=1
Old 11-08-2007, 08:32 PM
JK Newbie

My ride is finally here...after 4 months of waiting....2008 2dr Rubicon....now...does anyone want to show a noob the ropes?

Located in Syosset...would love to hit some local trails next saturday or sunday...im located in Syosset.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY