Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 07-10-2014, 07:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go to Browns in on Rte 112...They were Great....even the finance guy was cool
Old 09-18-2014, 07:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2012 Cylinder head Replacement

Hey guys
Threw the dredded code for a cylinder head misfire. I have a 2012 so I kind of expected it. I'm a little unsure what dealership to bring it to to get the repair this is a pretty big job. What dealers have you guys used with suceess and more importantly which dealers gave you a bad experience? Any help appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-18-2014, 08:06 AM
Former Vendor

I am close Rhode Island...
Chris
Old 09-18-2014, 09:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TASCAPARTS
I am close Rhode Island... Chris
This is the Long Island, NY thread was looking for a dealership in Long Island with a good service dept
Old 09-23-2014, 05:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Monte417
Hey guys
Threw the dredded code for a cylinder head misfire. I have a 2012 so I kind of expected it. I'm a little unsure what dealership to bring it to to get the repair this is a pretty big job. What dealers have you guys used with suceess and more importantly which dealers gave you a bad experience? Any help appreciated. Thanks
Don't go to Bayside Jeep in Queens they are a complete ripoff.
Told my son he needed a TIPM for his 2011 Rubicon at a cost of $2000 (Jeep Corp. told us that is should have been about half that).
After we took the Jeep back from them we found out it was just a short in the Sway Bar disconnect harness, unplugged it and he has been driving it for over a month with the only problem now being the light on the dash.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by insanitize
Don't go to Bayside Jeep in Queens they are a complete ripoff.
Told my son he needed a TIPM for his 2011 Rubicon at a cost of $2000 (Jeep Corp. told us that is should have been about half that).
After we took the Jeep back from them we found out it was just a short in the Sway Bar disconnect harness, unplugged it and he has been driving it for over a month with the only problem now being the light on the dash.
Lol Bayside. I bought my Jeep there because everyone else basically refused to locate me the Jeep I wanted and they were more than willing. Then on delivery day they started playing games in the finance office. I walked out, but eventually got talked into coming back. They ****ed me, but not as bad as they would've liked to and I've told my experience to at least ten people who have since bought Jeeps. It's funny because they knew I'd bring them other business(a friend came in with me to sign my purchase agreement and ordered a Jeep that day) and they still had no regard for my business. It was really disappointing. Oh well, the finance douche lost his job over my experience and his blatant lying, but the GM(Rob) who really deserved to be fired is still there.

Other dealers I dealt with and will never be back to include Huntington, Security, Brown's and Port Jeff. Amazingly enough the best I've been to is Atlantic in West Islip. Atlantic is widely regarded to be the shittiest of the shit, so if their dealership is the best around what does that say about Chrysler's dealer network?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2014, 05:46 AM
JK Newbie

So I just saw this thread for people from Long Island!! I got a few questions for you guys, mostly in the second paragraph.

I am about to buy a 08 unlimited x. Now my only real concern is the engine burning oil. Is there any way at all to tell if the engine is having those issues before I buy it? any warning signs I can look for? I really do not want to purchase this and end up with issues.

If anyone would be willing to come with me to check this thing out it would be greatly appreciated! I need someone who truly knows what they are looking at. And I dont know much about jeeps yet, I have always been a toyota guy till now. If anyone is up for it there a Benjamin Franklin with your name on it ($100)
Old 10-11-2014, 08:10 AM
JK Newbie

From what I was told, the issue with using oil is the piston rings and the only way to fix it is will aftermarket rings. Easiest thing to do is to just keep checking you oil.

Sent via smoke signals
Old 10-11-2014, 08:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by thorgan112
So I just saw this thread for people from Long Island!! I got a few questions for you guys, mostly in the second paragraph.

I am about to buy a 08 unlimited x. Now my only real concern is the engine burning oil. Is there any way at all to tell if the engine is having those issues before I buy it? any warning signs I can look for? I really do not want to purchase this and end up with issues.

If anyone would be willing to come with me to check this thing out it would be greatly appreciated! I need someone who truly knows what they are looking at. And I dont know much about jeeps yet, I have always been a toyota guy till now. If anyone is up for it there a Benjamin Franklin with your name on it ($100)
I'd offer help but I don't really know anything lol. If you still need a hand there are two good local groups on facebook. One is NYC Jeep Club Long Island Members and the other it Long Island Wrangler.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Selling my super chip flash paq 3872 paid 350 for it in march all cleared ready to go first 300 takes it away

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY