Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 06-04-2014, 07:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone have any leads on where to get a co2 tank on the island?
Old 06-14-2014, 06:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by etl330
anyone have any leads on where to get a co2 tank on the island?
how big? If you want a small one you can get them at paintball stores. Maybe harbor frieght may have some, sears, idk.

Sent from my carrier pigeon
Old 06-17-2014, 04:26 AM
JK Newbie

Default co2 bottle

airweld gases one in patchogue and i think one on vets in bohemia
Old 06-17-2014, 04:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Napalm90
how big? If you want a small one you can get them at paintball stores. Maybe harbor frieght may have some, sears, idk.

Sent from my carrier pigeon
Originally Posted by jewlsdad
airweld gases one in patchogue and i think one on vets in bohemia
thank guys!
Old 06-17-2014, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Qc scuba in wantagh.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:08 AM
JK Newbie

Wow its been a long time since I have posted on this !!!
Never knew we were allowed back.
Hello all
Hope everyone is well!!
Old 06-30-2014, 05:13 AM
JK Freak

came across this the other day and since they tried to screw me too(my experience is in post 307) I figured I'd share it. Security Dodge Amityville AVOID AT ALL COSTS! - Car / Truck talk - Long Island Firearms
Old 07-08-2014, 07:11 PM
JK Newbie

Pity about Security Dodge as I live down the street from that dealership. I pass by there every day and hoped they would be a trustworthy place to go to if I buy one.

Been a lurker for some time now. My last Jeep was a 88 YJ. Bought it ages ago (new) at Huntington Jeep. Currently don't have a jeep but considering either a 2 or 4 door Rubi in the future. My brother in law picked up a 14 Rubi Unlimited a couple months ago and I like it. Anyways, just saying hello to fellow Long Islanders.

Amity4x4
Old 07-09-2014, 05:42 AM
JK Freak

Default Security

Originally Posted by Amity4x4
Pity about Security Dodge as I live down the street from that dealership. I pass by there every day and hoped they would be a trustworthy place to go to if I buy one.

Been a lurker for some time now. My last Jeep was a 88 YJ. Bought it ages ago (new) at Huntington Jeep. Currently don't have a jeep but considering either a 2 or 4 door Rubi in the future. My brother in law picked up a 14 Rubi Unlimited a couple months ago and I like it. Anyways, just saying hello to fellow Long Islanders.

Amity4x4
Was at Security about 2 weeks ago to try to buy a New Jeep for wifey. It actually took 2 days of negotiating to get the Jeep.
When they found out on the second day, that I had my own financing in place, they told us they could not do the deal! So, we left
and went to Garden in Hempstead where they treated us GREAT and did the deal!
Old 07-09-2014, 05:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by saharaharry
Was at Security about 2 weeks ago to try to buy a New Jeep for wifey. It actually took 2 days of negotiating to get the Jeep.
When they found out on the second day, that I had my own financing in place, they told us they could not do the deal! So, we left
and went to Garden in Hempstead where they treated us GREAT and did the deal!
Originally Posted by Amity4x4

Amity4x4
Yup they suck. Unfortunately A LOT of Chrysler dealerships operate this way - they'll tell you you're getting the best deal in the world and then give you an obscenely inflated interest rate and Chrysler encourages them to do this. Chrysler Capital even offers balloon financing - which basically keeps your payment low for x number of years but then you owe 10 or 15k in a few years - it's essentially a lease without a mileage restriction. They try to sell it as a way to keep your payments low but then they just give you another high interest loan for that 10 or 15k down the road because most people doing this can't pull 15k out to pay for a car that's probably not even worth that much anymore. I'm all for companies making money, but Chrysler takes advantage of most consumers' lack of financial literacy and it's disgusting.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY