Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 11-17-2013, 09:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can vouch for Evan and also Huntington jeep. They are an AEV dealership and Jimmy there is a real off roading guy. I've used both and will again without reservation.

AdamIsAdam
Old 11-18-2013, 03:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah no RMS and no truck shop... Unless you like to over spend for sub par work
Old 11-18-2013, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

Default Yea

Originally Posted by HiHoSilver
Yeah no RMS and no truck shop... Unless you like to over spend for sub par work
RMS is a joke... not once but twice I called them to get my gears done, well the clown(owner) said call back in 2 months.... I said well can put money down and setup date, he replys no ....? needless to say 1 year later I still need them done..RMS sucks and will never use them
Old 11-18-2013, 05:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Truck Shop in Sayville is no better. I won't go into detail unless someone really wants to hear but I was treated like a second class citizen there. I was really turned off by their pompous attitude. Attitudes that came from dudes that were probably in diapers when I owned my first truck.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by triten
Hey whats up... new to the jeep. Just picked up a 14 about 3 weeks ago. Just installed the trucklites headlights. Looking to install tereflex 2.5 with bilstein shocks just waiting on possible black friday sales before purchasing. anyone know of a good place to have them installed or a place i can rent a lift to do it myself? im out in deerpark
Me and my buddy will do it for ya for cheap if you want. We've lifted more trucks than I can count haha
Old 11-20-2013, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by conifers4
The Truck Shop in Sayville is no better. I won't go into detail unless someone really wants to hear but I was treated like a second class citizen there. I was really turned off by their pompous attitude. Attitudes that came from dudes that were probably in diapers when I owned my first truck.
I got the same treatment there, which was a total lose for them. I live down the block from them and would have spent a lot of money there. I guess its their loss, and the reason they've had to downsize and relocate.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:43 PM
JK Newbie

Savage autosports on 112 is doing my lift, remote start and wheels/tires this week...will let you know
Old 11-27-2013, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Wheels and Tires Question....

I am looking to get some new wheels and tires for my '11. I will not be installing a lift, but will get a smaller wheel to fit a bigger tire.

Where would the best place be to get this done on Long Island.

I was thinking about going to RMS for the convenience, but I am seeing too many negative things here. (Not sure how they can go wrong with a wheel and tire install).

Anyone purchase pre-mounted from Quadratec, there seems to be some pretty decent deals there.

Whats your thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 11-27-2013, 08:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased from DTD and was very happy with their prices and service. You can also apply for their 0% for 12 months card.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2013, 11:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evan631
I am looking to get some new wheels and tires for my '11. I will not be installing a lift, but will get a smaller wheel to fit a bigger tire.

Where would the best place be to get this done on Long Island.

I was thinking about going to RMS for the convenience, but I am seeing too many negative things here. (Not sure how they can go wrong with a wheel and tire install).

Anyone purchase pre-mounted from Quadratec, there seems to be some pretty decent deals there.

Whats your thoughts?

Thanks!
If you're getting the wheels yourself, Tire Express at the corner of Carleton and Jefferson in East Islip is 1000% the place to go. Their prices are very close to what you'll pay online - My recent 315/70/17 duratracs were actually cheaper than they were online - and Kathy and Rob are awesome people.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY