Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 10-13-2013, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FMLYJP
Go to Huntington Jeep. The owners wheel, some of the tech's wheel and they are an AEV dealer. They won't give you any problems.
That all depends on who does the inspection. If I do it than it will probably pass.

Sent via smoke signals
Old 10-13-2013, 03:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by FMLYJP
Go to Huntington Jeep. The owners wheel, some of the tech's wheel and they are an AEV dealer. They won't give you any problems.
I've heard the same thing, when I need to bring it to the dealer for anything I can't do myself, I will go to them
Old 10-13-2013, 04:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HiHoSilver
Awesome welcome!!! Where are you out east?
Thanks! Live in Southampton Town - run the beaches from Quogue to Amagansett.

Originally Posted by etl330
What's the deal with driving on the beaches out there? Need town permit in Montauk and village permit in EHV?
I thought the beaches around Montauk (town) were an EH town permit. But if you're not an EH town resident you pay dearly. I don't know much about the EH Village permit. I have the County permit so I can run Shagwong and may get the State permit to run the Point itself.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Thorrrrrr

Thanks! Live in Southampton Town - run the beaches from Quogue to Amagansett.

I thought the beaches around Montauk (town) were an EH town permit. But if you're not an EH town resident you pay dearly. I don't know much about the EH Village permit. I have the County permit so I can run Shagwong and may get the State permit to run the Point itself.
Im new to the area and have no idea what u guys are talking about.. but been looking for where I can just drive up on the beach and do some surf fishing
Old 10-14-2013, 10:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKUR GRUNT
Im new to the area and have no idea what u guys are talking about.. but been looking for where I can just drive up on the beach and do some surf fishing
Where exactly are you living? There are at least two options: the Suffolk County permit which allows you on county outer beaches - this is a good permit if you live somewhat east as the furthest west county beach to drive on is Smith's Point in Mastic. The New York State permit allows you to drive on a couple beaches along the Ocean Parkway as well as some out east. I believe that East Hampton Town and Southampton Town offer permits for their respective beaches, but I am not sure. I've included links to the county and state websites covering the permits.

Suffolk County Government > Departments > Parks > Recreational Activities > Off Roading

http://nysparks.com/regions/attachme...nformation.pdf
Old 10-15-2013, 02:52 PM
JK Newbie

Hey every one thats going to Rausch creek this weekend from Long Island we will be meeting at 6:00 this friday to convoy out to pa at the home depot in Jericho at 86 Jericho Turnpike Jericho, NY 11753 it ex 40w of the L.I.E feel free to text me at 631-484-5912 if you need any help plz send name and color and what kind of rig you are driving when you text
Old 10-15-2013, 03:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PORTUGAL
Hey every one thats going to Rausch creek this weekend from Long Island we will be meeting at 6:00 this friday to convoy out to pa at the home depot in Jericho at 86 Jericho Turnpike Jericho, NY 11753 it ex 40w of the L.I.E feel free to text me at 631-484-5912 if you need any help plz send name and color and what kind of rig you are driving when you text
Not on Facebook...going all weekend?? Anyone doing greens??? Any info..thanks
Old 10-15-2013, 03:15 PM
JK Newbie

Default New jeep fanatic in town

Hello everyone, just got my first jeep and I cant wait to take it off-road, Im gonna get me a beach permit but should I be worry about my stock tires?and can I upgrade my tires to 33x12.50x18 on my stock rims?do i need spacers?any shop recommendations on the nassua area?
thanks in advance
Old 10-15-2013, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by midtown711
I need to bring my 2008 in for the 5 year powertrain warranty inspection. Can anyone recommend a long island jeep dealer thats Lift Friendly and wont void my warranty for a 3 1/2 lift and 35's. Thanks for your help!
Brian

Attachment 503964
Great jeep! was your 3 1/2 lift expensive?
Old 10-15-2013, 03:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by fabrezz
Hello everyone, just got my first jeep and I cant wait to take it off-road, Im gonna get me a beach permit but should I be worry about my stock tires?and can I upgrade my tires to 33x12.50x18 on my stock rims?do i need spacers?any shop recommendations on the nassua area? thanks in advance
Welcome! You can hit the beach with stock tires no problem. If you wanted to upgrade to 33s you'd need spacers which isn't a big deal you can find a set used for cheap and new isn't all that expensive. Me and my buddy will lift your jeep for you and I can guarantee it'll be less expensive then a shop haha. We've lifted a ton of trucks. PM me if you're interested!

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY