Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 04-11-2009, 04:51 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, that sounds like a great deal. I'm just debating that versus keeping my current setup.

Here's a pic of yours, if it helps others:

Here's what I'm currently using. The only annoying thing is climbing up there. The plus side is less dirt up there:

Well, for now, keep it for sale and let me know if you don't sell it. When do you move?

Did you try ebay? or Craigs list?
Old 04-11-2009, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BBirish
thats what the bucket is for lol
You also need a jack board too.

I'm gonna be hitting up Sore Thumb tonight, likely somewhere near 11PM/midnight and beyond. Anyone is welcome to com meet.

I actually saw you guys at Bellmore last night. I couldn't stop though, I was headed out to dinner with my girlfriend. Next week I'm totally down to meet some more Jeep guys though
Old 04-11-2009, 05:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Snickterp
You also need a jack board too.

I'm gonna be hitting up Sore Thumb tonight, likely somewhere near 11PM/midnight and beyond. Anyone is welcome to com meet.

I actually saw you guys at Bellmore last night. I couldn't stop though, I was headed out to dinner with my girlfriend. Next week I'm totally down to meet some more Jeep guys though
I actually saw u drive by then not too many people have an orange 2dr x so it had to be u very cool. Def stop by we'd love to have more guys out there!
Old 04-11-2009, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for posting the pic Adam. It's been in the for sale section for a few weeks now, thats why i'm selling it so cheap. I guess this is the worst time of year to sell a ski rack!
Old 04-11-2009, 06:47 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Snickterp
...I'm gonna be hitting up Sore Thumb tonight, likely somewhere near 11PM/midnight and beyond. Anyone is welcome to com meet....
What do you do there at this our? Just drive around?
Old 04-12-2009, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BBirish
I actually saw u drive by then not too many people have an orange 2dr x so it had to be u very cool. Def stop by we'd love to have more guys out there!
Absolutely. Hopefully my buddy with his TJ will be able to swing by too. I'd be nice to meet some more Jeep guys.

Originally Posted by adamisadam
What do you do there at this our? Just drive around?
Yup, mostly just roaming the trails out there, rock crawling, and running through the freshwater holes. Once it get a bit warmer maybe I'll make an actual attempt to fish
Old 04-12-2009, 10:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Yup, mostly just roaming the trails out there, rock crawling, and running through the freshwater holes. Once it get a bit warmer maybe I'll make an actual attempt to fish [/QUOTE]

ummmm I def wana try this out I have the pass but no idea where to go hahahahaha also I need to get together a pack of stuff so I am good to go without getting called out for not having rods and things...
(does it need to be a serious fishing rod ?? or can something small and cheap work??... I dont actually expect to fish)
Old 04-12-2009, 10:53 AM
JK Junkie

I'd like to go with you one friday night or weekend. sounds fun. I'll get the pass. And we'll be two Sunburst Orange JK's beach crawling!
I've got fishing gear and bucket to toss in the Jeep. always have the other stuff with me.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by joey2times
Yup, mostly just roaming the trails out there, rock crawling, and running through the freshwater holes. Once it get a bit warmer maybe I'll make an actual attempt to fish
ummmm I def wana try this out I have the pass but no idea where to go hahahahaha also I need to get together a pack of stuff so I am good to go without getting called out for not having rods and things...
(does it need to be a serious fishing rod ?? or can something small and cheap work??... I dont actually expect to fish)[/QUOTE]

it doesnt have to be a serious hard core fishing pole. i have one that folds in half so i can just throw it in the back

And Happy Easter everyone
Old 04-13-2009, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got my Empire Pass (swimming and beach chilling) and my 4x4 Fishing Permit, saw an A-Team guy there with a Black stock 4 door rubicon doing the same thing, never seen him before though but we chatted for a few..

Got my jackboard (free from Home-Depot scrap wood pile), $1.50 Made in the USA Walmart bucket (portapotty), and fishing Pole/Tackle, along with the usual assortment of recovery straps, I think I am ready to hit the sand!

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY