Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 07-22-2013, 08:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good but y Monday
Old 07-22-2013, 08:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ls13
Sounds good but y Monday
I work all week. Saturday- Monday is what I can do. Just throwing it out there. Missed last meet cause was a Wednesday.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MikekiM
I did it. I knew it was a bad thing to do and did it anyway. I went back to Security Jeep.

It's minutes from my house. Like walking distance. I need a new car for my wife. Volvo X90, BMW X5, Q7... Maybe a Grand Cherokee, since we would be a two jeep house and maybe Security would be a little cooler. Plus, that are so close...

I wandered around the show room for fifteen minutes. In and out of the cars on the floor. The two receptionist did no receptioning but sent a shit load of texts while they ignored us. So we walked across to the lot and got ignored by two more sales dudes even when I stood in front of one of the rides for more than a casual amount of time. By then it was becoming a game.

There was one Jeep that I was interested in so I went back in the showroom and stood at the front desk, next the sign that says Sales Podium. WTF...podiums are for winners.

Two managers sat behind the 'podium' and four sales guys stood right next me, on the sales floor. Yes, six sales guys. Two minutes... Looked at my watch.. Three minutes... Nothin. Now six minutes...nothing. They just kept chatting. Not sales talk mind you. Someone mentioned marinated skirt steak, so this wasn't high finance discussion keeping them from acknowledging me. Six and a half minutes and my daughter and I walked away. No one ever acknowledged us. Last time I walked out of there they ran out in the rain to get me to come back in. Granted, they gave me a teaser deal that turned to shit and we never did business.

So they have proven themselves to be ass wipes... Again.

Anyone have any connections or recommendations for good Bimmer or Volvo sales guys ?
I HATEEEEE them. My front right abs wheel speed sensor went out yesterday. I call security to see if they have it because they are 5 min away from me. First time I was on hold for 10 min. I hung up and proceeded to call again, second time was 12 min. I then hung up and figured I'd give it one more shot. I get through to their parts guy. He says he needs the vin in order to look up a part, I then tell him that I know for a fact that he can look it up by vehicle. He complies and finds me the part, "we have it in stock" -okay great how much is it? "$22 plus tax"- excellent I'm going to send my girlfriend down to get it, "okay sir have a good day". I work till 6 in the city otherwise I would've got it myself. But anyways my girlfriend goes down there and she is a knowledgeable girl, knows what she's going there to pick up. She goes to the parts counter and says hi I'm here to pick up an abs wheel speed sensor for a 2012 wrangler, my boyfriend called earlier. "Yes let me write you up for that, that will be 29 dollars plus tax, and you have to pick it up at our parts warehouse" okay so it's 7 dollars but it's the point. Also she has to go pick the part up? What are you freaking kidding me!? They are the biggest bunch of scumbags how they are still in business is beyond me.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:27 PM
JK Newbie

Looking to have my differential fluid replaced ASAP, front and rear. Can anyone direct me to any places or friends that can do it for a reasonable price? *** I would do it myself but I don't have the tools nor experience, nor the $$$ (Fresh out of college)*** I'm located in Patchogue. If anyone can help a fellow Jeeper out, that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. PM me if anything.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by j0ker
Looking to have my differential fluid replaced ASAP, front and rear. Can anyone direct me to any places or friends that can do it for a reasonable price? *** I would do it myself but I don't have the tools nor experience, nor the $$$ (Fresh out of college)*** I'm located in Patchogue. If anyone can help a fellow Jeeper out, that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. PM me if anything.
All you need is a ratchet, very very easy to do
Old 07-24-2013, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cam36
All you need is a ratchet, very very easy to do
John at Planet Automotive in Patchogue. 631-475-3020. Tell him SCUBA Steve sent you.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by j0ker
cheapest thing is DIY. But even Jiffy Lube will do it.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Guys n Gals Are we on for Monday the 29th?? if so where?? I gotta free my schedule if we are....
Old 07-27-2013, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ghost28
Guys n Gals Are we on for Monday the 29th?? if so where?? I gotta free my schedule if we are....
I'm down for it. Tanner Park or Smith Point? Or where ever. Just throwing thos places out because of the entertainment.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im down for anything. No county or state permits for me this year though. Smith point parking lot is very large for us to for a little group some where

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY