Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 07-20-2013, 08:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ls13
When's next meet up
We should do a meet up on July 29th. Who's down?
Old 07-20-2013, 09:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 41dmb13
We should do a meet up on July 29th. Who's down?
I'm off. I would be down
Old 07-21-2013, 06:31 PM
JK Newbie

Where at ?
Old 07-22-2013, 04:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanman823
I'm off. I would be down
Same here...
Old 07-22-2013, 04:30 AM
JK Newbie

Smith Point has Country Music Monday nights. Or maybe Cedar Beach, Venetian Shores or Tanner Park? 6-7ish?
Old 07-22-2013, 04:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The parking lot at Smiths Point is huge so we could get a nice area without be crowded with "other" vehicles.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikekiM
I did it. I knew it was a bad thing to do and did it anyway. I went back to Security Jeep.

It's minutes from my house. Like walking distance. I need a new car for my wife. Volvo X90, BMW X5, Q7... Maybe a Grand Cherokee, since we would be a two jeep house and maybe Security would be a little cooler. Plus, that are so close...

I wandered around the show room for fifteen minutes. In and out of the cars on the floor. The two receptionist did no receptioning but sent a shit load of texts while they ignored us. So we walked across to the lot and got ignored by two more sales dudes even when I stood in front of one of the rides for more than a casual amount of time. By then it was becoming a game.

There was one Jeep that I was interested in so I went back in the showroom and stood at the front desk, next the sign that says Sales Podium. WTF...podiums are for winners.

Two managers sat behind the 'podium' and four sales guys stood right next me, on the sales floor. Yes, six sales guys. Two minutes... Looked at my watch.. Three minutes... Nothin. Now six minutes...nothing. They just kept chatting. Not sales talk mind you. Someone mentioned marinated skirt steak, so this wasn't high finance discussion keeping them from acknowledging me. Six and a half minutes and my daughter and I walked away. No one ever acknowledged us. Last time I walked out of there they ran out in the rain to get me to come back in. Granted, they gave me a teaser deal that turned to shit and we never did business.

So they have proven themselves to be ass wipes... Again.

Anyone have any connections or recommendations for good Bimmer or Volvo sales guys ?
Thats a bummer man, Port Jeff Jeep was always good with me, on my second Jeep with them and I will most likely be picking up a third when my wife wants to get rid of her Liberty. The service dept. was good stuff too, never gave me a hard time with warranty issues even though my old keep was modded. Good Luck bud
Old 07-22-2013, 05:12 PM
JK Newbie

Port Jeff jeep gets my vote as well. I have purchased 2 vehicles from them, they were great start to finish. I've dealt with a bunch of different dealers and I would only recommend port Jeff jeep.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am in on the 29th....We can use my Brothers shop again if we want or Tanner Park in copiague has a small restaurant, ice cream place, Bar if anyone wanted to eat and its got a huge parking lot and a great view of the Great South Bay.....
Old 07-22-2013, 07:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ghost28
I am in on the 29th....We can use my Brothers shop again if we want or Tanner Park in copiague has a small restaurant, ice cream place, Bar if anyone wanted to eat and its got a huge parking lot and a great view of the Great South Bay.....
Tanner is around the corner from me. I can def do that. Any more input? Tanner Park, 29th, 6:30ish? Lets make this happen.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY