Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 05-24-2013, 04:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wednesday works for me
I'll be agt the OBI or Captree on Sunday 7 am
Old 05-24-2013, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I may take a ride to OBI on sunday Morning if i can get my lazy azz outta bed...LOL....
Old 05-24-2013, 05:18 AM
JK Newbie

I've been down to sore thumb a few times this season and twice a Suffolk cop stopped by to check equipment and make sure that we were fishing. (we were) He went on to tell me they are really going to be cracking down this season at the state beaches due to the country parks (smiths point) not being open to 4x4s at this point. He went down the beach and I saw he stopped at every truck, he then made the rounds again about an hour or so later. Just a heads up, I don't want anyone to lose their passes.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

Smith point just opened only 2 miles of it though
Old 05-24-2013, 08:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cam36
Me and a few buddies are going to rausch June 1st-2nd we will be doin greens and mainly blues if anyone would like to join you're more than welcome let me know!
Are you camping or did you guys book a room? Its short notice but let me see...
Originally Posted by ghost28
Ok so lets do a soft meet/get together this coming wednesday evening May 29th....I know some guys may not be able to make it but lets give it a shot and see where it goes...then we could alternate and do it during the week sometimes and on weekends other times....Copiague is where my Bros shop is right off sunrise Highway on the corner of New Highway and Ralph Ave....Lets get a list together of who can make it....nothing crazy just a bunch of us hang out and talk JEEP and whatever else comes up.....
I can't make it this Wed. due to work but I'd really hope it works out so we can finally get something off the ground.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by conifers4
As usual dead before it began....

MikekiM and I met up last summer with a few folks from the forum and it was a good time, I'll try and get another meet together.
I'm def down. Lets still shoot for 3rd Wednesdays. How's 6:30/7PM sound. Location still up in the air. I created a FaceBook page to reach out to those Jeepers that are not on here. Maybe we can make this all happen.

Cheers
Lisa
Old 05-24-2013, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 41dmb13
I'm def down. Lets still shoot for 3rd Wednesdays. How's 6:30/7PM sound. Location still up in the air. I created a FaceBook page to reach out to those Jeepers that are not on here. Maybe we can make this all happen.

Cheers
Lisa
Got a Link?
Old 05-24-2013, 08:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nick_v2
I've been down to sore thumb a few times this season and twice a Suffolk cop stopped by to check equipment and make sure that we were fishing. (we were) He went on to tell me they are really going to be cracking down this season at the state beaches due to the country parks (smiths point) not being open to 4x4s at this point. He went down the beach and I saw he stopped at every truck, he then made the rounds again about an hour or so later. Just a heads up, I don't want anyone to lose their passes.
I was down there with my friends dog last week. I read pass wrong & thought dogs were allowed @ all parks just on leashes. Well I was mistaken & got a warning. And this was on my way out refilling tires.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ilikeguns

Got a Link?
Long Island Jeepers is the FB page. Post pics. Lets try to get it off the ground to reach out to more fellow Jeepers
Old 05-24-2013, 09:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 41dmb13

Cheers
Lisa
Check post #7879

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY