Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 05-17-2013, 03:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 41dmb13
Anyone with a Trektop NX top out there. 2 questions. Can you take the "bikini top" off? I have a SpiderWeb Top. Can I have both tops on @ same time?

Cheers
Lisa
I had a Smittybilt CRES on with just the Trektop top deck on.. I have a two door. The CRES has to go on first and top deck on after
Old 05-17-2013, 03:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Anyone with a Trektop NX top out there. 2 questions. Can you take the "bikini top" off? I have a SpiderWeb Top. Can I have both tops on @ same time?

Cheers
Lisa
Missed the second part of your question. Not sure about how the Spiderweb attaches by the CRES and the Trektop both attached to the belt rail so I don't think you can run them together.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MikekiM

Missed the second part of your question. Not sure about how the Spiderweb attaches by the CRES and the Trektop both attached to the belt rail so I don't think you can run them together.
Thank you Mike. Hopefully this upcoming get together I can get some ideas.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Thank you Mike. Hopefully this upcoming get together I can get some ideas.
I'll bring the CRES...
Old 05-17-2013, 08:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

SATURDAY IS GO TOPLESS DAY. I'm just saying ;-)

The weather is cooperating. The info is out there.

hxxp://www.allthingsjeep.com/go-topless-day.html
Old 05-17-2013, 08:49 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
SATURDAY IS GO TOPLESS DAY. I'm just saying ;-)

The weather is cooperating. The info is out there.

hxxp://www.allthingsjeep.com/go-topless-day.html
Top and doors are already off
Old 05-18-2013, 02:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Gents... I need a hook-up.

I need to put a couple of bends in some 1" steel for a cargo basket mount. Anyone have a suggestion on a shop or have a tube bender?

Four identical bends in 1" square tube. Could use 1" round if I had to. I can cut and weld it as well, if I can't find a source for bending...

I might, my brother is getting close to having his cage done for his YJ and I think he knows someone. I'll ask him this weekend.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Awoodenspoon
All my experiences with Huntington is they try to sell you a aev rubicon for 60k. I tried port Jeff and they are very knowledgeable and had alot of wranglers in stock
I am walking distance from Security... I flip them the bird every time I drive by them. They suck.

I walked away from them a few years ago because of their attitude only to have a manager (I think the owners son), who is one of biggest dick of them all, come running out to the parking lot to call me back in.

Ended up signing a deal with them and leaving a deposit on a JK sitting on the lot. Of course the deal was a sham and a few days later the BS started. Long story short, when I asked for my money back I got a royal run-around until I got loud on their sales floor on a sunday morning with a blow by blow of all the crocked shit they did to me. As the potential victims, um buyers, started to scatter, the sales manager produces a check for my refund.

Their shitty reputation precedes them. So hard up for sales they need to make the interest on the float.

I went to Grand Prix... Got exactly what I wanted for less.
Originally Posted by Cam36
Yeah they are too hot which is why they still have two 2011s brand new on their lot. I will never understand how car salesmen can go to work every day not knowing jack about what they are selling. Idk if it's just me but whatever I'm doing or in this case selling, id be on the Internet learning every detail I could about it. I got my jeep from westbury and have zero complaints. Although just went to get my buddies 97 tj appraised and they offered him 1000 lol private party value is like 7k, but that has nothing to do with my experience lol
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had this experience. I spoke with a few other dealerships and while not as bad as Security, they still lied to me in varying degrees. Luckily I happened to be pricing out a car on True Car rather than using the invoice spreadsheet on here because I wanted a Freedom Edition and that's not on the spreadsheet and my information was sent to Bayside Chrysler Jeep. Below is the review of Bayside that I just posted on Dealer Rater. I'm really big on complimenting positive experiences and, shockingly enough considering my post on Security Dodge Jeep, pretty against posting the negative - they were THAT bad that I felt the need to air out how they conduct business. They say the best compliment is a recommendation, so here's a my review of Bayside Chrysler Jeep thus far.

First, I'd like to preface this by saying that this is a review of a deal that has not yet been finalized, but my experience today was positive enough that I feel comfortable endorsing the process thus far. I contacted Bayside Jeep through an online retailer and spoke to Stefan on the phone. I made an appointment to meet with him on Saturday and I was a bit shocked when I showed up at the dealership and Stefan poked his head out of an office, said hello, and set me up with Andre as I was expecting to work with Stefan. After all, the entire reason I made the trip to Bayside was because I liked Stefan on the phone. Luckily my displeasure faded quickly as Andre seemed to be just as likable as Stefan. I had a strong idea of what I wanted and while I'd have been willing to waiver a bit on certain things, I knew ultimately around where I wanted to be price wise and I had already contacted other dealerships and many were in the ballpark of where I wanted to be price wise, but they made locating a vehicle to my liking sound like a chore(even though I already knew where five of them were). My experiences at all the other Jeep dealerships had been so negative that at this point I literally only cared about finding the lowest price and never stepping foot in another Chrysler store again. Andre and Bayside Chrysler Jeep changed this in my quick and efficient 45 minute visit. While I must say that from the get-go I made it known that I was an educated consumer and I'd done my homework, they didn't try to pull the wool over my eyes at all. They didn't lie about having a car for only a week when I knew it'd been on their lot since January, they didn't try to negotiate payments before price, they didn't try to tell me every jeep dealer pays the same invoice price(invoice price is fixed, but dealerships receive discounts based on volume and other factory to dealer incentives), and most importantly they didn't insult me when I mentioned a high mileage trade - they agreed with me that it'd be best for me to sell it privately since my current ebay auction already has a good amount of action. Overall they were helpful and eager to make sure I was satisfied. It seemed as though Andre had done his research as far as what the other dealerships were offering because right off the bat he undercut the lowest offer I've had so far. I was in and out in 40 minutes and, for the first time on this car search, I left a dealership happy. I wasn't frustrated, I wasn't lied to, and I wasn't treated like a kid who could be taken advantage of by a sneaky dealership. At this point we've got a gentleman's agreement on a vehicle and I'm actually looking forward to hearing from them soon.

All of this being said, we've still got to get the financing part of the deal done. Hopefully that will go just as flawlessly and I'll be able to report back that Bayside Jeep is a solid establishment through and through. So long as everything works out, I'll likely even be traveling about 45 miles past probably at least six Jeep stores to Bayside to have my Jeep serviced when my schedule permits.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:44 AM
JK Newbie

So when and where is this gathering taking place? Looking to see what I can do to my jk. Haven't done anything yet and it's been about six months.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Awoodenspoon
All my experiences with Huntington is they try to sell you a aev rubicon for 60k. I tried port Jeff and they are very knowledgeable and had alot of wranglers in stock
Just bought my second Jeep from Port Jeff. Very happy with them, was happy with the service staff too, never gave me an issue with warranty work even with my lift. Highly recommend these guys.

Side note I have some soft tops for sale for an 07-10 2dr...looking to sell local PM me for info.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY