Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 05-14-2013, 02:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ghost28
guys as far as the get together lets figure out weather a weeknight or a sunday morning works better for the majority of us....I dont care either way but i know for some of yu that have to come a little distance it may matter.....Personally i think a sunday morning would be better for most.....
Weekday evenings work best for me.. I can hang far longer than I could on a Sunday.

Originally Posted by 41dmb13
Quick question. Should I buy a compressor to re-inflate my tires after being on the beach?
Depends on where you go, and what you're going to buy...

The county beaches often have air available but as noted, you'll wait hours for it on a busy day. Do that just once, with the family who want to get home and you'll be buying OBA the next day. The State beaches typically don't have air. So, yes.. having your own OBA can make or break the day. Also good for filling beach toys for kids and blowing sand out. However, if you cheap-out, you'll be sorry. The small cig-lighter compressors are useless.. they will take just as long to fill a 33-37 and that assumes they won't shut off to cool. So, avoid the temptation to of these.

I have the MaxAir compressor mounted underhood with the air pickup under the cowl so it pulls cooler air..

This is about as small as you want to go. It fills my 33's in about 7 - 8 minutes.

I ran the pick-up to the front frame support and can reach all four corners with a Viair coiled hose. Might need a second pick-up or longer hose to reach the back of a JKU.

The install cost me under $150.. hmmm..well under $150 now that I think about it. That includes the bracket, compressor, noses and connections. Power is at a bank of rockers on the A-Pillar and key-switched to the ignition so no yahoo's f-around with it when the doors are off.

Got serious browning-points from the wife for not having to wait on line to air-up and had guys offer me $20 to borrow it...

More pics here, if you dig around...
Old 05-14-2013, 03:15 AM
JK Newbie

For Sale

5 Goodyear MTR Kevlars
35x12.5/17
50% left on the 4 tires
5th is spare and is brand new

Looking to get $1200.00

Will not ship

Old 05-14-2013, 05:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ghost28

pics of the doors....Also what kind of flaws are in the paint work??
They f'd up and needed to respray them. Laid the paint too thick on the hinges, which isn't a big deal, as long as I don't ever have to remove the hinges. They also got Mango on the door handles so figured they would respray the handles black. They masked around the handles but the Mango on the doors wasn't fully cured and the taped left a mark in the clear coat. Also got cigarette ashes in the clear coat. I used to detail so I have no problem with polishing them once the fully cure but I got to the point that is told them just give my f'n doors back...

Honestly, I don't care that much. You can't see it from one step back and it's a jeep... It's the principle.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MikekiM

Weekday evenings work best for me.. I can hang far longer than I could on a Sunday.

Depends on where you go, and what you're going to buy...

The county beaches often have air available but as noted, you'll wait hours for it on a busy day. Do that just once, with the family who want to get home and you'll be buying OBA the next day. The State beaches typically don't have air. So, yes.. having your own OBA can make or break the day. Also good for filling beach toys for kids and blowing sand out. However, if you cheap-out, you'll be sorry. The small cig-lighter compressors are useless.. they will take just as long to fill a 33-37 and that assumes they won't shut off to cool. So, avoid the temptation to of these.

I have the MaxAir compressor mounted underhood with the air pickup under the cowl so it pulls cooler air..

This is about as small as you want to go. It fills my 33's in about 7 - 8 minutes.

I ran the pick-up to the front frame support and can reach all four corners with a Viair coiled hose. Might need a second pick-up or longer hose to reach the back of a JKU.

The install cost me under $150.. hmmm..well under $150 now that I think about it. That includes the bracket, compressor, noses and connections. Power is at a bank of rockers on the A-Pillar and key-switched to the ignition so no yahoo's f-around with it when the doors are off.

Got serious browning-points from the wife for not having to wait on line to air-up and had guys offer me $20 to borrow it...

More pics here, if you dig around...
Thank you. I'd be going to county parks but with the advise/ warnings I'm getting here ill make the purchase.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just a FYI. I just called Smith Point and it sounds like it might be opening in the next couple of weeks.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:10 PM
JK Newbie

Nice rubi bluhawk, pretty sure I've seen it around. Good luck with the sale!
Old 05-15-2013, 02:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nick_v2
Nice rubi bluhawk, pretty sure I've seen it around. Good luck with the sale!

Thank you sir!
Old 05-15-2013, 04:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by winkelhawk
Just a FYI. I just called Smith Point and it sounds like it might be opening in the next couple of weeks.
I called the other day, they told me its gonna be open to fisherman only. Oh we'll, I guess it's gonna be Shinnecock all summer. Nicer beach anyway. By far
Old 05-15-2013, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ugh I just had to replace my front passenger wheel hub bearing last weekend... Not fun and if you ever need to do it I suggest not letting the dealer do it for $600... But buy the part for $125 at autozone and give me a call! Haha
Old 05-16-2013, 02:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HiHoSilver
Ugh I just had to replace my front passenger wheel hub bearing last weekend... Not fun and if you ever need to do it I suggest not letting the dealer do it for $600... But buy the part for $125 at autozone and give me a call! Haha
Will do! I suggest if you are throwing out free help, tell everyone what kind of beer you like, lol

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY