Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 04-29-2013, 06:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ghost28

I am a marine Mechanic so I shrink wrap mine on an old table in my yard....no matter what its always in the way LOL.....
That's what I'm trying to avoid. Friend of mine suggested putting it on bricks with only tarp over it.

I am worried about the outside elements.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 41dmb13
That's what I'm trying to avoid. Friend of mine suggested putting it on bricks with only tarp over it.

I am worried about the outside elements.
I did the tarp thing first year i had my jk and i wound up with a family of cats living in and pissing/spraying in mine because you can never get it tight enough...plus if moisture gets behind the tarp and lays between the tarp and the top it will cause blistering....someone should make a bag to store them in that zips closed.....Hmm.....maybe i will get my canvas man to make me a bag.....
Old 04-30-2013, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 2009 Unlimited Soft Top for sale, used for 2 Summers. Good/Great condition. No rips or tears. Includes all hardware, Tinted Windows, Door Surrounds etc. Rear tailgate bar rubber has wear from use. Windows have some surface scratches, nothing crazy, just from normal use. Asking $350 Neg.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Any updates on the meet? Weathers suppose to be nice this weekend and until wednesday
Old 05-02-2013, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by just words
Any updates on the meet? Weathers suppose to be nice this weekend and until wednesday
What meet?
Old 05-02-2013, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by St1g 32
What meet?
The idea of a meet was getting knocked around a couple of pages back in this thread, nothing set.

Build it and they will come.........
Old 05-02-2013, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by conifers4
The idea of a meet was getting knocked around a couple of pages back in this thread, nothing set.

Build it and they will come.........
Build it and I will come! Also my buddy will most likely come. So that's 2 Jeeps...
Old 05-03-2013, 06:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ghost28
I did the tarp thing first year i had my jk and i wound up with a family of cats living in and pissing/spraying in mine because you can never get it tight enough...plus if moisture gets behind the tarp and lays between the tarp and the top it will cause blistering....someone should make a bag to store them in that zips closed.....Hmm.....maybe i will get my canvas man to make me a bag.....
Someone does make a bag. Like most things for the JK its overpriced and not something that is really needed.

I leave both our tops out all year on a rack I made out of old fence posts. They get a little dirty but nothing a can of scrubbing bubbles cant take care of in a few minutes.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:22 AM
JK Newbie

hey guys im sure this was talked about somewhere in the 750 pages i couldnt find, but does anyone know the status of all the outer beach permits this summer? I had mine from last year and i hear you couldnt renew. On another note, im definitely down to come meet up and possibly run what we can trails out here. Also if anyone knows a good spot in suffolk, my inbox is wide open
Old 05-03-2013, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by High altitude
hey guys im sure this was talked about somewhere in the 750 pages i couldnt find, but does anyone know the status of all the outer beach permits this summer? I had mine from last year and i hear you couldnt renew. On another note, im definitely down to come meet up and possibly run what we can trails out here. Also if anyone knows a good spot in suffolk, my inbox is wide open
I picked up the "fishing" permit from Belmont Lake State Park. It gives you access to 6 beaches on the Island for $65. But i am not sure as to which beaches are open/closed. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated. I planned on driving out to Sore Thumb or Gilgo tomorrow just to check it out....

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY