Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 03-06-2013, 03:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up a beach pass on Sunday I was talking to the guy in the gate house he says they have repaired the breaches using 2000 Christmas trees and that the only reason it won't open is if the piping plovers nest on the beach because Burma road which could be used to bypass nest sites is completely gone
Old 03-06-2013, 06:59 AM
JK Freak

Im puting out a feeler for selling my MBRP grill guard and VDP bumper end caps. Looking for local pick up only. I might also be looking to sell my front hitch.
VDP caps $30
Mbrp $75
drawtight front hith $100
Everything is still on my truck at this time, looking to with in the next mouth swap out my stuff for a stinger. PM with intrest.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:25 AM
JK Freak

Just Picked my pass up, the lady there said sore thumb will definitely be open and demo will most likely be open. Not sure about the beaches out east though
Old 03-06-2013, 08:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My beef with the state permit is that you have to carry fishing equipment for everyone and be actively fishing when on the beach. Can't just cruise and watch the sunset on a summers eve
Old 03-06-2013, 09:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by conifers4
My beef with the state permit is that you have to carry fishing equipment for everyone and be actively fishing when on the beach. Can't just cruise and watch the sunset on a summers eve
It's really not all that bad, put a spackle bucket in the trunk with a fishing pole, plank of wood and a tow strap. No one will bust your chops
Old 03-06-2013, 12:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cam36

It's really not all that bad, put a spackle bucket in the trunk with a fishing pole, plank of wood and a tow strap. No one will bust your chops
I agree. If people are flying down the beach and acting like assholes then they'll bust your chops. My fiancé and I went all last year without fishing equipment lol. That being said well probably throw a cheap pole in the trunk just in case they decide to start cracking down cause people are doing 40 mph near the piping plovers.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by greenmachine13

I agree. If people are flying down the beach and acting like assholes then they'll bust your chops. My fiancé and I went all last year without fishing equipment lol. That being said well probably throw a cheap pole in the trunk just in case they decide to start cracking down cause people are doing 40 mph near the piping plovers.
Exactly, I didn't even have a pass last year cause I got my Jk too late in the season, just put a pole in the sand next to the jeep and relax and enjoy the jeep! It'll be okay!
Old 03-07-2013, 04:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cam36
Thanks for the info! I'm not into the reckless or child like driving behavior by any means so I wont attract any attention. I have a couple poles and a tackle box and I was even thinking of getting back into surf fishing again so maybe I can combine some hobbies here. Would rather get the SC permit but clearly they are so unorganized that I don't feel like wasting $100. I think I'll run down next week and just get the state permit and call it a win.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

how much are they charging for the permit?
Old 03-07-2013, 06:07 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BNS4X4VR
how much are they charging for the permit?
$96 I think. Plus green key if you don't have it. $25?

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY