Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 02-20-2013, 11:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lijeepguy

looks great love the sunburst
Thanks, still my favorite color!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the input. I kept forgetting to throw a 2 x 4 in the trunk and leave it there. I know I'll need it at some point again so I'll do that ASAP. I'm also going to invest in that base. My fiance and I are planning to go to 35s after the wedding so I think it'll be worth the $50. I also like the idea that it fits right underneath in the compartment. In the mean time I'm glad they gave me tire and rim coverage when I bought it
Old 02-20-2013, 06:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by greenmachine13
Ugh Wednesdays
I carry a tire repair kit with me for this reason. Hope u have a better thursday
Old 02-21-2013, 03:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for all the input. I kept forgetting to throw a 2 x 4 in the trunk and leave it there. I know I'll need it at some point again so I'll do that ASAP. I'm also going to invest in that base. My fiance and I are planning to go to 35s after the wedding so I think it'll be worth the $50. I also like the idea that it fits right underneath in the compartment. In the mean time I'm glad they gave me tire and rim coverage when I bought it
Instead of $50 for a base for a stock Jack, spend that money on a hi-lift. Mine stores nicely under the rear seat when not saving me. But spend some time on you tube learning the right way to use one.

AdamIsAdam
Old 02-21-2013, 05:26 AM
JK Newbie

You shouldn't need a base with the stock tires. I change my 35's just fine with the stock jack under the axle, not the rocker. No base or 2x4 needed. The jack head fits nicely between the control arm mounts if you dont have skids welded to them or if you do it fits nicely between the control arm mount and the lower axle C. I had to swap a tire just last week in a parking lot while on a drive down to Georga. No problems at all.

Conifers4 is right, you should only use a hi-lift for rescue situations. Too unsteady for actual maintenance or flat tire fixes and a pita in comparison to the small light weight factory jack. If you dont have an axle strap you end up lifting the rig way too high to get the tire off the ground placing the jeep in an off balance and dangerous position.

Last edited by FMLYJP; 02-21-2013 at 05:30 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:47 PM
JK Newbie

i know this isnt the best place for this but i cant post in the for sale section yet lol. but anybody looking to trade there jku? i got an 2009 audi a4 im looking to trade (rubicon prefered but open to pretty much anything) must be automatic.

also selling the car if i cant find a trade. I GOTTA GET BACK INTO A JEEP ASAP I MISS MY OLD ONE TO MUCH LOL

Last edited by billytoad631; 02-24-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Beer lovers unite!!

What's up fellow LI JK'ers! I posted the link for this a week or two ago just wanted to share it again, if you can donate to help out a Long Island farming family reach their goal. Binging hops to LI would go great with the booming craft brewing going on in the area. if you can share this with your friends via other social media that would be awesome. There is a shot of my buddy's sweet TJ Rubi in the video, its worth a watch for that Happy wheeling!

Condzella Hops Unites L.I. Farmers and Local Breweries by John A. Condzella — Kickstarter
Old 02-25-2013, 09:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

So I have tomorrow off and I wanted to drive out to find a good place to do my gears. Any recommendations on a shop that does good work but doesn't break the bank? I'm hoping to get it in a shop by next week since I'm on vacation
Old 02-26-2013, 07:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Tanman823
So I have tomorrow off and I wanted to drive out to find a good place to do my gears. Any recommendations on a shop that does good work but doesn't break the bank? I'm hoping to get it in a shop by next week since I'm on vacation
Try Planet Auto Services. Near you in Patchogue. Here is their facebook page. They have good prices and work on a lot of jeeps.
Planet Automotive, Planet Offroad - Patchogue, NY - Automotive | Facebook
Old 02-26-2013, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FMLYJP
Try Planet Auto Services. Near you in Patchogue. Here is their facebook page. They have good prices and work on a lot of jeeps.
Planet Automotive, Planet Offroad - Patchogue, NY - Automotive | Facebook
Thanks for the info ! Its right around the corner from my friends house so I stopped in

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY