Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 11-19-2012, 04:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is too cool! Reminds me a little of a Unimog.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 11-21-2012, 11:39 PM
JK Freak

SO whats the plan for Saturday's trip to Rausch Creek?
1) WHose Going?
2) Where is the meeting place?
3) What time?

Im coming from Farmingville and need to pick up two friends who live in Bentwood. How is the Applebees Parking lot off Exit 53 North?
Old 11-22-2012, 11:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! You'll be fine winging it. My fiancée and I went this past weekend and we brought two friends that road along with us. We read the map and trail descriptions and just kind of went with it. We'd only been there a few times and never before by ourselves. Btw we did two or three blues in a stock sport and rubi. I sacrificed my air dam but who needs it anyway? I don't think I'll be able to make it but have fun!
Old 11-22-2012, 03:42 PM
JK Newbie

Happy Thanksgiving...
Old 11-23-2012, 03:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by greenmachine13
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! You'll be fine winging it. My fiancée and I went this past weekend and we brought two friends that road along with us. We read the map and trail descriptions and just kind of went with it. We'd only been there a few times and never before by ourselves. Btw we did two or three blues in a stock sport and rubi. I sacrificed my air dam but who needs it anyway? I don't think I'll be able to make it but have fun!
hope you had a great holiay as well. Were CB's and Gas cans required when you went there?
Old 11-23-2012, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by powrsurg

hope you had a great holiay as well. Were CB's and Gas cans required when you went there?
They were not. We actually got cheap walkie talkies from target that were toys and worked great lol. They didn't have any "real" walkie talkies but there was minimal static and had a 2 mile range. The only requirement was having two vehicles
Old 11-23-2012, 03:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by greenmachine13
They were not. We actually got cheap walkie talkies from target that were toys and worked great lol. They didn't have any "real" walkie talkies but there was minimal static and had a 2 mile range. The only requirement was having two vehicles
What do you mean by having two vehicles? Unless I hear from others, it's just me at this point.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by powrsurg
What do you mean by having two vehicles? Unless I hear from others, it's just me at this point.
U can't run the trails at rausch alone. U need at least 2 rigs to go on the trails. If it's a sat. U should be able to find a group there that will let u tag along.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skippyrock

U can't run the trails at rausch alone. U need at least 2 rigs to go on the trails. If it's a sat. U should be able to find a group there that will let u tag along.
Yup. If you check out the rausch creek forum you can normally find a second vehicle to group with fairly easy or as a last resort you could hire a guide but that's probably pricey. I'd join you but money's tight sorry :(

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY