Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 11-15-2012, 09:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by conifers4
Of course you and your buddy can come! Except read further down...

Your gonna kill me powrsurg! Looks like I can only go next Saturday and not this Sunday, how would that look for you? Still up in the air so let me know.
Oh Crap!!OK I can do next saurday. 2 Friends are going to kill me now becasue they were looking forward to it. No Worries. Next Saturday it it.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by powrsurg
Oh Crap!!OK I can do next saurday. 2 Friends are going to kill me now becasue they were looking forward to it. No Worries. Next Saturday it it.
You took that better than I expected, thanks.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Tanman823
Curiosity on what you would be looking to run trail wise. My dad bailed on me for Saturday but I've got the off bug and trying to go either Saturday or Sunday
Oops almost missed this post. I'm looking to take it easy, green/blues. Moved to next Saturday.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might invite myself for next Saturday lol. My fiancée and two of our friends are going this Sunday. We're heading up Saturday night, wheeling Sunday then heading home at a reasonable time. It's just our two jeeps right now and we're stock so we'd be running greens. You guys are welcome to join us this weekend too. I totally missed this thread the past few days or I would have chimed in sooner.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:59 PM
JK Freak

Oops almost missed this post. I'm looking to take it easy, green/blues. Moved to next Saturday.
Im in for next Saturday. A few friends might be coming along in my rig. Other than WInch, Shackles, Compressor, HIJack, and tools, what should I bring? If you dont mind, Ill probably be following you around.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:16 AM
JK Freak

Im in for next Saturday. A few friends might be coming along in my rig. Other than WInch, Shackles, Compressor, HIJack, and tools, what should I bring? If you dont mind, Ill probably be following you around.
Since I don't have a winch or compressor(yet) your already 100 steps ahead of me. Add some food and beverage to your list.
Follow me?? I was hoping to follow you!! LOL We'll figure it out together.
Do you have a CB? That would be helpful.

BTW thanks Greenmachine
Old 11-17-2012, 09:01 AM
JK Freak

Since I don't have a winch or compressor(yet) your already 100 steps ahead of me. Add some food and beverage to your list.
Follow me?? I was hoping to follow you!! LOL We'll figure it out together.
Do you have a CB? That would be helpful.

BTW thanks Greenmachine
LMFAO - So what you're saying is, we are in for a little adventure. HAHA Its all good. I have hand held walkie talkies. Ill test them out to see if they work. Ill have a cooler with food and enough knuckle heads in my truck to entertain us when we get stuck.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by midtown711
Does any Long Island member have a factory tire carrier they could sell? 2008 Rubicon. I backed into my neighbors F250 during the blackout and smashed mine
I hope everyone is getting through these tough times ok.
Brian
I'm getting new bumpers/tire carrier, should be in next week...
Old 11-18-2012, 01:24 PM
JK Freak

LMFAO - So what you're saying is, we are in for a little adventure. HAHA Its all good. I have hand held walkie talkies. Ill test them out to see if they work. Ill have a cooler with food and enough knuckle heads in my truck to entertain us when we get stuck.
I guess they could also help push us out! Have some work to do on my Jeep this week to get ready.

Anybody else in for this Saturday?, one day marathon trip to Rausch....beginner friendly.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:03 PM
JK Freak

I guess they could also help push us out! Have some work to do on my Jeep this week to get ready.

Anybody else in for this Saturday?, one day marathon trip to Rausch....beginner friendly.
Yes, they are the pushers.
CHeck out this thing I saw today. Guys from Norway and he shipped it to the States. Its a 1963 Volvo Military Ambulence converted into an expedition vehicle. It only goes 40MPH but according to the owner can go over anything.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	389902

Name:	photo2.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	389903

Name:	photo3.jpg