Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 10-23-2012, 06:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Drayko88
Hello and good luck with the pass. I use a piece of scrap 3/4 ply. It's all you really need in my opinion as long as it is big enough to fit under the whole jack and give it a good base
Yea thats what i figured. Thanks. I'd be interested in going to RC too if you don't mind a new guy tagging along. I've been thinking bout going out there for one of they're 101 classes. Hoping I might learn a thing or 2 and have fun along the way.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dropkick-JK
sup y'all. I'm getting all the stuff I need so I can get The Outer Beach pass. Just waiting impatiently for my compressor to arrive. I have a newb question for guys: what are you guys using for a jackboard? I was thinking i"d use a piece of 3/4" ply 12"x12" or 16"x16". Any advice on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks
I carry a 12" x 12" piece of MDF. strong, and cleaner to carry than plywood. Cheap too.

AdamIsAdam
Old 10-23-2012, 06:09 PM
JK Junkie

I'll be over at Rausch 11/16-11/18.....getting there friday night, wheeling all day Saturday, and heading home early Sunday morning.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC
I'll be over at Rausch 11/16-11/18.....getting there friday night, wheeling all day Saturday, and heading home early Sunday morning.
Kool. Unfortunately I'm working Saturday. Was planning on driving in Saturday night and wheeling Sunday the 18th
Old 10-23-2012, 06:32 PM
JK Junkie

Kool. Unfortunately I'm working Saturday. Was planning on driving in Saturday night and wheeling Sunday the 18th
Sure you can find some people who will be wheeling on Sunday. Plus, you can hang with us Saturday night at the Comfort Inn.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys. If one or both of you end up going to RC that weekend do you have room for 2 more. We are both stock jku's, my fiancé and I, but hers is a rubi. What type of trails would you guys be running. We usually do greens and green/blues (until we upgrade more) but we don't mind pulling off the trail so people can run blues and blacks. Please lemme know on here or pm so we can plan. We were gonna do a trip the week before but will move it to run with you guys.
Originally Posted by Dropkick-JK
Yea thats what i figured. Thanks. I'd be interested in going to RC too if you don't mind a new guy tagging along. I've been thinking bout going out there for one of they're 101 classes. Hoping I might learn a thing or 2 and have fun along the way.
Of course you guys are more than welcome! Unfortunately I still don't know what the heck I'm doing yet. I will post up when I'm sure. Don't worry I would only be doing greens/blues.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by conifers4

Of course you guys are more than welcome! Unfortunately I still don't know what the heck I'm doing yet. I will post up when I'm sure. Don't worry I would only be doing greens/blues.
Awesome. Please let us know as soon as you know : )
Old 10-24-2012, 09:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome. Please let us know as soon as you know : )
I absolutely will.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey guys I have a question with tires on the beach. I know my permit says the maximum tire size is 33x12.5. Do you guys think I would be able to get away with 35s without getting harassed by the beach patrol or do you think it'll be way too noticeable in the difference in size. I know if I do it I'm doing it at my own risk for tickets and getting kicked out and what not so I'm not gonna hold anyone's opinion to them If I do decide to go the 35s route and catch alotta trouble. Just looking for some opinions from some of the guys who have been on the beach more often and might have seen more tires that me. Any and all input would help, thanks : )
Old 10-27-2012, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just want to let you know that they can also take your jeep, Not just issue a ticket, so i just would not chance it! But good luck with what ever decide to do.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY