Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 03-10-2009, 05:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VINdecent
Wow looks like you all had fun! I hope I get some money and free time together to join you all one time!
seems like we are making another trip in may.. you are definitely due for another trip
Old 03-11-2009, 06:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racer83l
seems like we are making another trip in may.. you are definitely due for another trip

DUDE KEEP ME UPDATED!!!

PM ME or something when anything comes up... You guys look like you rock it out hard hahahaha

I need to get lifted and put on some 35's so I can hang!!!

I am going up to hunter mountain this weekend I think... I am going to see if I can look around and find that spot you were talking about !!!

When are the ATeam meetings... I tryed to sign up for the site but I dont think I was ever given permision to log in or anything...

Also where are the meets... I feel lame showing up bone stock hahaha but I might order exhaust this week
Old 03-11-2009, 06:52 AM
JK Junkie

i have been to Rausch 8 times now, all without a lift.. other than some scraping, you will do just fine.

the added challenge makes it more fun anyways
Old 03-11-2009, 06:56 AM
JK Junkie

my pics from the trip:

Old 03-11-2009, 07:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Rousch in May? hmmmm That could be good. Keep in mind there's a Jeep Jamboree at Pine Barrens on May 8-10, and also that Saturday May 9th is national GO TOPLESS day!

I'm on the fence about the Pine Barrens event. It's not my favorite place to wheel, but I'm a www.JeepTales.com rep and got to cover these events. I prefer the Killington Event and Catskills one, but can't make VT this year due to conflict.

So maybe a RC trip on May 9-10th would be cool. We could get a LONG train of topless jeeps in one photo and make it into the picture books!

Oh, one more thing, May 10th is Mother's day! DOH!
Old 03-11-2009, 07:55 AM
JK Super Freak

why is pine barrens not a good place to wheel ??

Also how much is the Jeepfest stuff ?? I heard it was expensive
Old 03-11-2009, 07:59 AM
JK Freak

That's Catina mountain, I think it's abandoned. I've also wheeled a bit over there. The Lake is on the other side of the 23A on your way home right before you head down the mountain road (not the road leaving Hunter Mountain). It's called North Lake, my wife remembered.

I found this link.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/24487.html
Old 03-11-2009, 08:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Rousch in May? hmmmm That could be good. Keep in mind there's a Jeep Jamboree at Pine Barrens on May 8-10, and also that Saturday May 9th is national GO TOPLESS day!

I'm on the fence about the Pine Barrens event. It's not my favorite place to wheel, but I'm a www.JeepTales.com rep and got to cover these events. I prefer the Killington Event and Catskills one, but can't make VT this year due to conflict.

So maybe a RC trip on May 9-10th would be cool. We could get a LONG train of topless jeeps in one photo and make it into the picture books!

Oh, one more thing, May 10th is Mother's day! DOH!
I would never pay money to wheel at the pine barrens when it is FREE any other day of the year. Plus if you dont have a submarine it gets annoying how much water there is
Old 03-11-2009, 09:44 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BBirish
...Plus if you dont have a submarine it gets annoying how much water there is

Yes, that's why it's my least favorite venue. Plus dinner at the VFW? c'mon.

It's the only Jamboree that I suffered crippling damage from on my way home... I got sandy water in the bearings of my idler pully and lost my serpentine belt on my way home Sunday. Thankfully my uncle lives near by and brought me a new belt and pulley. Check out the before/after pics:

Last edited by wayoflife; 07-24-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:19 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by joey2times
why is pine barrens not a good place to wheel ??

Also how much is the Jeepfest stuff ?? I heard it was expensive
Pine Barrens is good. Just a LOT of water. Sandy, cranberry filled, water. I had a blast going and am glad I went. But you gotta know what you're in for. I loved driving along the white sandy trails at 25MPH. that was like being on water skis!
check out my review of it here:
http://www.jeeptales.com/06%20pine%20barrens.php

Also, the events are called JeepJamboreeUSA. Google it. They can be a bit pricey, but do include food (they now have an option for no food), trail guides, and most importantly, often you get to wheel on private land that you can't otherwise access. Obviously, that's not the case with Pine Barrens.

Full pics from that event can be seen here:
http://www.photoworks.com/photo-shar..._alb_pml&cb=PW

It wasn't loading for me before, but hopefully it will. If not, just check out the Past Events in the JeepTales site (2006 Pine Barrens).

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY