Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 08-29-2012, 11:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nick_v2
been kind of slow in here lately... Anyway I wired up an sP0D in my JKU this past weekend and cannot believe how great the fit is. I will be wiring up some KC lights to it later this week and I have a question to those that may have already installed KCs. Did you cut off the connectors that came on the KCs and add your own butt connectors or did you use the connectors that came on the KCs? TIA!
When I did them on my tj I used everything that came with the kit
Old 08-29-2012, 11:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's cool how they are now available for the 2012. I just wasn't crazy about the price. I ended up going the RR A Pillar ones instead. Question, what's with all the other hardware? How would you get the fat cable through the firewall and into the engine compartment.

Ps - I think it's funny how the product name is ****** out in the emails.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey guys. Finally got my jeep back last Wednesday. She is running like a champ. Missed her so much cause I was driving around a lil jeep compass. It was nice but not my Jk. Overall it took 2 weeks with parts and everything. Just hope it keeps running well
Old 08-29-2012, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Cam36
When I did them on my tj I used everything that came with the kit
Thanks!
Originally Posted by powrsurg
It's cool how they are now available for the 2012. I just wasn't crazy about the price. I ended up going the RR A Pillar ones instead. Question, what's with all the other hardware? How would you get the fat cable through the firewall and into the engine compartment.

Ps - I think it's funny how the product name is ****** out in the emails.
yeah it was a bit pricey you're right. Do you have a pic of the way you ran the wire from the light under the vent cover?
Originally Posted by Drayko88
Hey guys. Finally got my jeep back last Wednesday. She is running like a champ. Missed her so much cause I was driving around a lil jeep compass. It was nice but not my Jk. Overall it took 2 weeks with parts and everything. Just hope it keeps running well
Glad to hear you got your jeep back and all is well!
Old 08-29-2012, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cam36....what happened to your jeep.....
Old 08-29-2012, 04:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by slappygoeshome
Cam36....what happened to your jeep.....
What do you mean?
Old 08-31-2012, 03:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Just an FYI on the KC kits.. I've never done an **** so I don't know if you retain the stock switches for accessories or if the **** supplies new switches.. But I can't count how many times I have read that the the switch supplied with the KC light kits was defective.. Guys have wired them up and then scratched their heads trying to figure out why the lights don't work.. Replacing the switch fixes the problem. So, if you have any issues, start with the switch!

Last edited by MikekiM; 09-05-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:54 PM
JK Newbie

Got the KCs hooked up to the sP0D and everything is working perfectly. Thanks for all the tips guys!
Old 09-03-2012, 04:17 AM
lre
JK Newbie

I have a set of barely used stock wheels and an unused spare for sale. They are P255/70R Bridgestone Dueler A/T's and had under 2500 miles on them before I took them off my Jeep. PM me if you are interested. Thanks.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MikekiM
Just an FYI on the KC kits.. I've done an **** so I don't know if you retain the stock switches for accessories or if the **** supplies new switches.. But I can't count how many times I have read that the the switch supplied with the KC light kits was defective.. Guys have wired them up and then scratched their heads trying to figure out why the lights don't work.. Replacing the switch fixes the problem. So, if you have any issues, start with the switch!
Same thing happened to me with my Hella's! I had everything wired up correctly and I couldn't figure out why they wouldn't work. Did a bit of research on the forum and learned that the switch provided in the kit was horrid. Replaced the switch and wouldn't you know they worked fine.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY