Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 07-29-2012, 10:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW! this is my first time checking out the staging area, I'm glad I did. Hello to all
Old 07-29-2012, 05:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 2010islander
Not worth the $300 tickets and getting your rig impounded to get a little mud on the tires on li.cops have been overly cracking down since the meadows got blown up last year and tripled since the women was found dead in the trails of 111.

Care you explain ??

Trails off of 111 ?? you mean exit 56 ? there was a million dirt bikes quads and what not in there growing up, cops would roll by and make sure everyone was wearing helmets...
Had a few jeeps in there since high school but after the hotel was finished it became a no no pretty much... at that point it was go in for a quick fuckaround and leave just as quick... are you telling me they found a dead body there?

the meadows?
are we talking about the area that is right by that highschool over near WFP ??
I heard about them cracking down on there, but never actually seen anything in person... that area is a cool place to check out... problem is you get the quads and dirtbikes wailling through there "waaaahhhhhhhh wahhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhmmmpppppppppp" and it pisses people off who live around there and that's what is said to be the main reason for the recent increase in law enforcement...

What about "hotwater street" or whatever that is... that's legal isn't it ??
was 90% sure that was completely legal to drive on, and not real exciting but had its moments...

I am more curious about the finding of bodies though...
Old 07-29-2012, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

He means rt 111 in manorville and in the area of hot water street etc. Yes they found a female dead body in there. Some dude and his alleged girlfriend were shooting heroin in St. James where they lived. They both passed out...e woke up, she did not. Sooo instead of calling 911 and saying " I think my girlfriend overdosed come help" he loaded her lifeless body into his car and dumped her "out east" where no one would find her. Or so he thought...So now those trails are being heavily patrolled and he's correct its not worth the ticket or impound. Drugies...ruing everything for the rest of us
There has also been some ongoing conflict there between a group of hikers and mountain bikers over the trails and that is adding to the police upping the patrol. Persons in either group have been sabotaging and vandalizing the trails.

The suffolk meadows area is off limits and has an increased police presence because of complaints form community members continuously.

Moral of the story, there are too many people on LI who bother the police with nonsense complaints and stupidity. LI'rs need to stop being up their own a$$es making a big deal over nothing.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK4x4wrangler
He means rt 111 in manorville and in the area of hot water street etc. Yes they found a female dead body in there. Some dude and his alleged girlfriend were shooting heroin in St. James where they lived. They both passed out...e woke up, she did not. Sooo instead of calling 911 and saying " I think my girlfriend overdosed come help" he loaded her lifeless body into his car and dumped her "out east" where no one would find her. Or so he thought...So now those trails are being heavily patrolled and he's correct its not worth the ticket or impound. Drugies...ruing everything for the rest of us
There has also been some ongoing conflict there between a group of hikers and mountain bikers over the trails and that is adding to the police upping the patrol. Persons in either group have been sabotaging and vandalizing the trails.

The suffolk meadows area is off limits and has an increased police presence because of complaints form community members continuously.

Moral of the story, there are too many people on LI who bother the police with nonsense complaints and stupidity. LI'rs need to stop being up their own a$$es making a big deal over nothing.
Thank you lol. It's true it only takes 1 a$$h0le to destroy anything on LI people have been trying for years to get permission to wheel on the meadows but the owner wont consider. but it was a truly awesome place to go to wheel and see some monster bucks if you were lucky. You know its a hot place when a scpd squad car comes bouncing down the trail trying to catch you.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2010islander
You know its a hot place when a scpd squad car comes bouncing down the trail trying to catch you.
Its not the one you see you have to worry about, it's the one you don't that he/she is pushing you towards lol.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Anyone else??? for Rausch?

I put this out there a few weeks ago, wanted to get it out there again incase anyone missed it, Going to Rausch Creek this Friday 8/3. Leaving Thursday mid afternoon and camping near by and then wheeling all day Friday. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM

http://www.jk-forum.com/east-coast-5...k-8-3-a-239696
Old 08-01-2012, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm heading to Aruba in 20 hours. I rented a jeep for when I'm down there. Anyone been there before and have some advice, tips or just anything they care to share?
Old 08-01-2012, 12:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by just words
I'm heading to Aruba in 20 hours. I rented a jeep for when I'm down there. Anyone been there before and have some advice, tips or just anything they care to share?
You're gonna hate it.. you should let me go instead. I've never been there either.

Have fun.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by just words
Love Aruba. I've been there a few times over the years. The weather is always perfect everyday of the year . As a Jeeper, I would definitely recommend the Jeep Safari Tour. You can rent a Jeep or Land Rover depending how many people you are with. They take you to the uninhabited part of the island, which is a desert, and you climb some rocks and see some beautiful scenery. You end up at a natural outdoor hot tub which is pretty cool. Really a good time. The snorkeling trips are really good there as well. If you're looking to go out drinking, the Cuckoo Canooku is an old painted school bus that takes you to all local bars and you get pretty drunk. Again if your going with a few people, it's alot of fun. For restaurants, El Guacho is a must. It's an Argentinian steak house that is one of the best steaks I've had anywhere in the world. If you are going with your girlfriend/wife, The Flying Fishbone is a really romantic restaurant that is outside, so just try to get a reservation during the sunset.

Have a great time and if you have any questions, just let me know.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been told to go to texas de brazil, madam Jeanette's and el goncho. I am renting my own jeep for Saturday and plan on taking it off roadin since I am paying for the insurance on it. I'm probably going to drive to the other side of the island and make my own safari tour. Definitely plan on snorkeling and maybe scuba. That bus sounds like fun. My girlfriend is a light weight so she'll definitely get tanked.

@mike. Not a chance. Book your own trip. When I get back, it might be time to trim the fenders. If you got the tools I got the fenders. I'd also like to put a compressor in just like you did. Let me know what I need

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY