Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 07-17-2012, 05:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MikekiM
So LIOR announced the REAL date for their meetup..

August 5th at 4pm at the same Hooters where we met a few weeks ago. Supposedly they will have a few hard-core rigs to drool over.. They are looking to do a meet-n-greet in hopes of increasing membership.

I am planning to go... And, since it 4 p.m. I may do a beach run prior.
I'll be there...thanks for the info
Old 07-18-2012, 07:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Attention fellow Jeepers. I'm looking for local help in planning a romantic scavenger hunt (JEEP STYLE!) on Saturday July 28th in the late afternoon.

I won't go into details in a public forum other than to say I need help from a few good Jeeps willing to each deliver one clue along my route from LI to CT, so around Nassau, Queens, Bronx, Westchester and CT along I-95 as far east as about Stamford.

Please email me (AdamIsAdam AT optonline DOT net) your contact info and I'll give you the details.

It should only take each person a few minutes of their time. THANKS!
Old 07-18-2012, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone else have a leaking freedom top during bad rainstorms like today? Mine leaks from the two latches on the center seam
Old 07-18-2012, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by just words
Anyone else have a leaking freedom top during bad rainstorms like today? Mine leaks from the two latches on the center seam
Try unlatching the top and reseat it. Sometimes they just need a little nudge to seal correctly.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by just words
I did exactly what Nick said.. It's some kind of black magic mojo..l. You open it and close it and the leak is gone..

I've stopped chasing leaks. The combination of Trektop and soft doors leaks like you can't imagine.

How did you make out with the c-clips?
Old 07-18-2012, 04:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Hey Nick... Someone could benefit from your experience...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...ht-kit-240633/
Old 07-18-2012, 07:16 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Attention fellow Jeepers. I'm looking for local help in planning a romantic scavenger hunt (JEEP STYLE!) on Saturday July 28th in the late afternoon.

I won't go into details in a public forum other than to say I need help from a few good Jeeps willing to each deliver one clue along my route from LI to CT, so around Nassau, Queens, Bronx, Westchester and CT along I-95 as far east as about Stamford.

Please email me (AdamIsAdam AT optonline DOT net) your contact info and I'll give you the details.

It should only take each person a few minutes of their time. THANKS!
Really? NO ONE? c'mon, help a guy out!
Old 07-19-2012, 02:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Really? NO ONE? c'mon, help a guy out!
Dude, I am putting the pieces of the puzzle together.. you're earlier post and this.. Sounds awesome and would love to share being a part of it.. Sadly, I am going out to Montauk and won't be anywhere near your route.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:15 AM
JK Junkie

Bummer. Thanks anyway. I need at least 2-3 keeps or I'm gonna have to do something else!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikekiM
How did you make out with the c-clips?

went to home depot today. took a while to figure out where they were but i bought a few in different sizes. 5/8s was too big, 1/2 inch fit on there but theres still a lot of play with the handle. 3/8s was way small so its probably metric. for now its on there and only cost 47 cents to fix. Thanks a lot for the help Michael.

for those who maybe concerned my passenger seat handle came off somehow after owning the car for a few weeks. when I mentioned it to the dealer they told me they werent sure how to reattach it. turns out a 1/2'' e-clip will hold it in place

Last edited by just words; 07-19-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY