Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 07-11-2012, 11:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im interested.How tough is Roush Creek? I want to get my rig offroad but not beat it up quite yet.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK4x4wrangler
Anyone interested in a trip to Rausch on Friday 8/3? Ill be driving up the night before camping near by then wheeeling all day Friday.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-o...4/#post3109422
Aww gonna be there the 4th
Old 07-11-2012, 11:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

There's a little bit of everything out there. I don't know if this helps but it goes along the lines of the ratings for ski trails, green easiest, blue moderate and then the black and up that are the toughest that you would need the most mods for. I have gone with some friends who have stock (as in like no mods AT ALL) JKU's and they had some difficulty but no damage. Last time I went i was running 32's on a 2.5"BB and I had no problems. It's a good time. The rule is a minimum of 2 vehicles per group, so if we get enough people to go and some people want to break off and run the blues and others want to stick to green that would be great!
Old 07-11-2012, 12:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by powrsurg
Im interested.How tough is Roush Creek? I want to get my rig offroad but not beat it up quite yet.
You would be fine on greens and blues. I take my stock jkur on blues with no damage. Greens are fun the first time u go, then get boring. I gotta get out to rausch again soon. I generally can only do sat or sun.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:55 PM
JK Freak

I think I'll be going with a bunch of buddies the 3rd and the 4th
Old 07-11-2012, 01:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Cam36
Question about sore thumb!? I went today with a buddy of mine in his jeep and the sign says you need the state park pass and a big OR town of Babylon beach pass, they give those out all summer... Am I wrong? Lol
I believe that is the Beach Buggy Pass which hasn't been available yet this year due to erosion. The Beach Buggy pass give you access to the strip that goes from Cedar Beach to Sore Thumb.. I think.

Originally Posted by Nick-NY
Anybody up for meeting up at Airport Plaza in Farmingdale on Friday evening?
since the lot is so diverse lets meet by the Pizza place (Bellagio) close to the movie theatre.
How's 7pm ish sound?

Just in case anyone needs directions.
http://w w w.bellagiopizzany.com/home.asp
I am planning another BBQ at Sore Thumb Friday night.. Change of venue for a meetup location??

We need to get everyone together for a beach day..

Anyone interested in a trip to Rausch on Friday 8/3? Ill be driving up the night before camping near by then wheeeling all day Friday.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-o...4/#post3109422
Would love to do that...on a different day.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cam36
I think I'll be going with a bunch of buddies the 3rd and the 4th
Let me know maybe we can meet up, Im heading up there on the 2nd and camping near by overnight, and then wheeling on the 3rd.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me know maybe we can meet up, Im heading up there on the 2nd and camping near by overnight, and then wheeling on the 3rd.
I'm off so its a go, can you pm me some details as far as where your camping and stuff. Would like to stay at the same place to keep it simple, would also like to convoy. We are our group of two
Old 07-11-2012, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome! PM sent
Old 07-11-2012, 05:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikekiM

I am planning another BBQ at Sore Thumb Friday night.. Change of venue for a meetup location??

We need to get everyone together for a beach day..

Would love to do that...on a different day.
That would work for me. Do I need a Permit or anything? I Know how to get there by boat but how do i get there from land?

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY