Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 03-02-2009, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rambo i cant say it enough you are FFFing nuts , i bet you dont even know where your doors are anymore huh???
Old 03-02-2009, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lijeepguy
rambo i cant say it enough you are FFFing nuts , i bet you dont even know where your doors are anymore huh???
I know exactly where they are. thery are in the same place I put them 206 days ago!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/got-my-2009-jk-lots-pics-50940/
Old 03-02-2009, 03:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ChevyM14
I know exactly where they are. thery are in the same place I put them 206 days ago!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50940
i know a great place for your front soft doors
Old 03-04-2009, 07:43 AM
JK Super Freak

I am itching like hell for a place to take my jeep!!

anyone know anywhere that is legit on LI to get a little dirty ??

or a place thats not persay perfectly legal 100% but a place that is allowed, as in its not going to harm anything and no one minds... there is a few spots that were like this for quads and dirtbikes around my old neighborhood... its wasnt 100% legal but cops would see you and give you a wave... because you werent hurting anyone, and you werent destroying the place or causing problems...

Now I am not saying I dont care where I wheel, because I'm not that guy who is going to be a dick and give everyone a bad name... I just know that sometimes things are not frowned upon, or even looked at as harmless when they are not written law legal. The problem with the trails I used to ride on is that they are not big enough for a jeep, or I would just go there...

ughh I hope people dont take this the wrong way and think I am a d-bag.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there isnt an place to wheel on Long Island. come to Rausch Creek for some wheeling.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:01 AM
JK Junkie

Come to one of our monthly trail rides with Long Island Off Road. We'll take you to lots of trails in NJ, PA, CT, MA, NH, and VT.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can only do beaches, and some of the hunting/fishing trails out east. But they're boring once you've done anything real.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Rausch Creek... Sounds awesome but you guys are going this weekend (i think) and I cant make it :(

Its my bday this month so I am hoping I can have her lifted by the end of the month... I am looking at a 3'' TF or RC coil lift with shocks.

Any idea where I can get a list of those or maps of those hunting and fishing trails on LI ???

I got my 4x4 passes for Robert moses - Democrat point - Montauk - Hitherhills and all that already

I still need to get a pass for Smiths Point... Anyone know when they go on sale ?!?!

I am more then willing to go on any runs you guys are going to do but I want to get a few things first

I need to get a good recovery set first and also want to get her lifted
People say I wont need the lift at first but I think it might help

Is there like a Email list or anything you guys use to keep in touch.. I can try to stay on the forums as much as I can but I dont want to miss a trip like the one this weeked because of other plans hahaha

Old 03-05-2009, 05:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by joey2times
Rausch Creek... Sounds awesome but you guys are going this weekend (i think) and I cant make it :(

Its my bday this month so I am hoping I can have her lifted by the end of the month... I am looking at a 3'' TF or RC coil lift with shocks.

Any idea where I can get a list of those or maps of those hunting and fishing trails on LI ???

I got my 4x4 passes for Robert moses - Democrat point - Montauk - Hitherhills and all that already

I still need to get a pass for Smiths Point... Anyone know when they go on sale ?!?!

I am more then willing to go on any runs you guys are going to do but I want to get a few things first

I need to get a good recovery set first and also want to get her lifted
People say I wont need the lift at first but I think it might help

Is there like a Email list or anything you guys use to keep in touch.. I can try to stay on the forums as much as I can but I dont want to miss a trip like the one this weeked because of other plans hahaha

Smith's Point I think may sell them all year. not sure though. See link:
http://www.licamping.com/scp2004outerbeachrules.htm

Maps for Hither hills is available at the lookout right on Montauk Hwy, and a few other spots. I found it on line once, and am looking in my old links, but can't find it.

Looking around still.... Found this...
http://nysparks.state.ny.us/
Old 03-06-2009, 07:24 AM
JK Super Freak

word... I need to find trails upstate near Hunter Mt that I can try out too!!

Know any up that way ??

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY