Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 07-09-2012, 05:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the forums...and back into the fold!

We're neighbors... Keep an eye out for a Mango around town.

I'm out at the beach most weekends so if you want some company let me know!
Old 07-09-2012, 05:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MikekiM
Welcome to the forums...and back into the fold!

We're neighbors... Keep an eye out for a Mango around town.

I'm out at the beach most weekends so if you want some company let me know!
Haha okay! I work at the advance on wellwood and montauk, are you lifted or anything?
Old 07-09-2012, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

Welcome! I used to live in lindenhurst back in the day when that advanced auto was a bowling alley and island jeep was across the street. Best of luck with the new jeep!
Old 07-09-2012, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by powrsurg

Ive only had mine month so far and havent had it on the beach yet. I dont know what im walking into with that yet.
As far as MPG's im at 14.2 and I do mostly local driving from Farmingville to Ronko train station and then im running around where ever on the weekend. I have not reprogrammed it yet for the wheel size, im thinking im really somewhere between 15-16.
I have a 2010 2dr 6 speed with 35's once I put the super chips all they way up running 93 and recaibrated the tire size I'm getting 15.7 mixed highway/town 14.2 ish when I get down to about quarter tank.
Anybody here running 4.56? thinking bout having it done
Old 07-09-2012, 07:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it worth putting 93 in to get one more mpg? Up until the 2012, not many people with the 3.8 ever put in 4:56's. THey usualy started at 4:88. Im sure as time goes on the 2012 owners will start putting the 4:56's on and post a write up. At this points its not not easy even finding soneone who has an inventory of 4:56's on hand.

Originally Posted by 2010islander
I have a 2010 2dr 6 speed with 35's once I put the super chips all they way up running 93 and recaibrated the tire size I'm getting 15.7 mixed highway/town 14.2 ish when I get down to about quarter tank.
Anybody here running 4.56? thinking bout having it done
Old 07-09-2012, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by powrsurg
Is it worth putting 93 in to get one more mpg? Up until the 2012, not many people with the 3.8 ever put in 4:56's. THey usualy started at 4:88. Im sure as time goes on the 2012 owners will start putting the 4:56's on and post a write up. At this points its not not easy even finding soneone who has an inventory of 4:56's on hand.
With my stop and shop points it's only costing me around $10 extra to use it and having some more power always helps.my buddy had 35's with 4.88 and hated it. Said he had to much gear which is why I started leaning 4.56 for dd purposes
Old 07-10-2012, 02:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Cam36
Haha okay! I work at the advance on wellwood and montauk, are you lifted or anything?
I'm in there from time to time.. the selection is kind of limited so sad to say I drive right by and go to the other stores on Montauk..

I have about 2.5" of lift with factory parts. Transplanted JKUR parts to my JK and got almost two inches with factory correct, warranty friendly parts. TF leveling kit gave me the rest of the lift. Lots of pics here....

Originally Posted by nick_v2
Welcome! I used to live in lindenhurst back in the day when that advanced auto was a bowling alley and island jeep was across the street. Best of luck with the new jeep!
My first jeep came from Island. They were actually a pleasure to deal with.. unlike the morons at Security. Too bad... Security is almost walking distance for me and I avoid them like the plague..

Originally Posted by 2010islander
With my stop and shop points it's only costing me around $10 extra to use it and having some more power always helps.my buddy had 35's with 4.88 and hated it. Said he had to much gear which is why I started leaning 4.56 for dd purposes
I have yet to use anything more than 87. Runs fine.. Other than long hills on the highway the low power doesn't bother me and paying extra to gain back the mpg doesn't make sense to me.

I am going to be in Sayville Saturday.. I'll keep my eyes open for you.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MikekiM
I'm in there from time to time.. the selection is kind of limited so sad to say I drive right by and go to the other stores on Montauk..

I have about 2.5" of lift with factory parts. Transplanted JKUR parts to my JK and got almost two inches with factory correct, warranty friendly parts. TF leveling kit gave me the rest of the lift. Lots of pics here....

My first jeep came from Island. They were actually a pleasure to deal with.. unlike the morons at Security. Too bad... Security is almost walking distance for me and I avoid them like the plague..

I have yet to use anything more than 87. Runs fine.. Other than long hills on the highway the low power doesn't bother me and paying extra to gain back the mpg doesn't make sense to me.

I am going to be in Sayville Saturday.. I'll keep my eyes open for you.
Mike - just checked out your pics, that rig is awesome. I like that you've done a bunch of good stuff but it's not over the top. Nice job! You guys seem pretty active down there (I'm a relocated Islander). We'll be down in Montauk for a week just after the crowds fade, maybe I can catch an east end M&G...
Old 07-10-2012, 06:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rule18
Mike - just checked out your pics, that rig is awesome. I like that you've done a bunch of good stuff but it's not over the top. Nice job! You guys seem pretty active down there (I'm a relocated Islander). We'll be down in Montauk for a week just after the crowds fade, maybe I can catch an east end M&G...
Thanks!

Trying to stay focused on what I know I will use.. function precedes form for me.

I am out in a Montauk for a week in the summer and then again once the crowds leave so yes! Let's plan a M&G out there!! Maybe at Cyril's for a lobster roll!!

I spent the day milling around the east end beaches last October..
Old 07-10-2012, 10:42 AM
JK Freak

Mmmm lobster rolls are tasty.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY