Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 06-10-2012, 04:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by conifers4
I'm about ready just to throw a date and time out for a Jeep only meet, good idea????
Go 4 it.....
Old 06-10-2012, 04:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by powrsurg
Great news guys. I get my jeep on MOnday, Tuesday the latest. Ill be selling the stock Rubicon wheels and tires along with Shocks and SPrings.
Congrats : ).......
Old 06-10-2012, 06:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

4 door. Im pumped. Can wait.

Originally Posted by MikekiM
Two door or four?

Congrats!

Good idea...
Old 06-10-2012, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm about ready just to throw a date and time out for a Jeep only meet, good idea????
Can you do it on a Sunday?
Old 06-10-2012, 04:10 PM
JK Newbie

There's a car show here in Oyster Bay every Tuesday of the summer, but I would love to have a jeep only meet.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

I say take over the OB show, I remember when I still lived there, there was this youngin' that would bring his JK in and park by the post office. Plenty of room. Not sure if he still does, but i know the guy who ran it and he's in the JK fam as well
Old 06-11-2012, 02:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Father's day this weekend.. should make it easy for a lot of us to get a pass to go out for a night...

Just sayin'

Old 06-11-2012, 02:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Would love a "jeep" meet! Let's figure out a date!!!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, Sundays seem to be the way to go. I know this Sunday is Fathers Day but as MikekiM stated it might be a good day to get a pass for a few hours. Orrrrrr we could do the following Sunday. I'm just trying to figure out a centrally located spot to meet that doesn't require beach permits or admission to a park or something. I would like to try and make it as all inclusive as possible. We will of course not be able to accomodate everyone on the date and such but its about time we just went for it. I will come up with a spot and post up ASAP.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Ok, Sundays seem to be the way to go. I know this Sunday is Fathers Day but as MikekiM stated it might be a good day to get a pass for a few hours. Orrrrrr we could do the following Sunday. I'm just trying to figure out a centrally located spot to meet that doesn't require beach permits or admission to a park or something. I would like to try and make it as all inclusive as possible. We will of course not be able to accomodate everyone on the date and such but its about time we just went for it. I will come up with a spot and post up ASAP.

I would prefer an evening.. easier for me to get out for a few hours. But as I said, many of us get free-passes this weekend..
  • Dave & Busters off Rte 110, Farmingdale - HUGE parking lot; always plenty of room even on a weekend; Not far from the Southern State
  • Someplace along Rte 231 - pretty central; easy to find an empty lot
  • We have a big parking lot at my office.. Woodbury, just off Rte 135 & Jericho Tpke.
  • Tanner Park, Amityville park or Venetian Shores if you want to go south, but weekends are a bitch and I think you need a Leisure Pass for Venetian Shores.

Also.. we had planned a mod-day a few months ago, but it fell through. A few of us had stuff we wanted to work on.. come wrench, wash, grease or just hang. Maybe that's another option, tough it becomes more complicated once you need to inventory and bring tools.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY