Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 06-04-2012, 04:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have no real direction here..

I may be wrong, but doesn't Smiths Point have hoses hard installed at each filling point? You don't need to bring your own hose. That said, right or wrong, I think their hoses have the female QD on them. I have that Viair coiled hose (and two others) with the same female QD end on them and none of them would hook up to the connectors at Smiths.. That's why I installed my own OBA.
Yeah, they have one hose per two couplings, but it gets a little backed up at times. I've seen folks pull right up to an open spot, throw their hose on, fill up and leave. For a couple bucks, the convenience seems worth it.

So - you think I'll need a male quick disconnect if the the Smiths Point ones have female?

Last edited by King Kork; 06-04-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by King Kork
Yeah, they have one hose per two couplings, but it gets a little backed up at times. I've seen folks pull right up to an open spot, throw their hose on, fill up and leave. For a couple bucks, the convenience seems worth it.

So - you think I'll need a male quick disconnect if the the Smiths Point ones have female?
Here's what I am sure of.. early this season I blew the leader from my OBA to the hose connector so my OBA was useless. I had two different coiled hoses with me. The Viair hose you posted and the one that came with my compressor. Both have the QD female ends and neither would mate up.

My suggestion.. go to HD or PepBoys and buy one of the blister packs that have a bunch of different connectors.. they cost under $10. Take the whole thing with you next time you go to SP. Put a QD male connector in the Viair hose and work backwards to the coupling and you'll build exactly what you need without compromising the Viair hose.

I know I have at least one, maybe three, coiled hoses.. I should build a bunch that mate up to the SP couplings and rent them on a Sunday afternoon!!
Old 06-04-2012, 05:10 PM
JK Super Freak

I know we have a few new folks here.. if any of you two door Rubi owners want to trade rails let me know. My Smittybilt SRC Side Armor for your Rubi Rails..

I have a few offers to buy my SRC's but I really want to do a trade for ease.

Also, if you know anyone looking to sell a set of Bushwacker flatties, hook us up, I want a set for the two door.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I need to vent. I should of had my rig already. The dealership said it was on its way from Jersey last week. THey tell me to come down with the wheels and lift to drop it off. I was supposed to get a call today from the installer. No beans. I called them and they said the installed quoted them $1400 for the install. I told them to kiss my ass. Still, they can tell me if the Jeep has arrived. The only reason why I am considering having the dealer do the install is because they told me they would buy the rubicon wheels and tires for $1200. If they dont drop their price on the install, im taking the jeep and all the crap I just dropped off and having Evan do the install. Ill sell the wheels and tires for the price Evan charges me for the lift. It will certainly be less than $1400.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MikekiM
Here's what I am sure of.. early this season I blew the leader from my OBA to the hose connector so my OBA was useless. I had two different coiled hoses with me. The Viair hose you posted and the one that came with my compressor. Both have the QD female ends and neither would mate up.

My suggestion.. go to HD or PepBoys and buy one of the blister packs that have a bunch of different connectors.. they cost under $10. Take the whole thing with you next time you go to SP. Put a QD male connector in the Viair hose and work backwards to the coupling and you'll build exactly what you need without compromising the Viair hose.

I know I have at least one, maybe three, coiled hoses.. I should build a bunch that mate up to the SP couplings and rent them on a Sunday afternoon!!
Good idea Mike. Heading to the Depot now. Thanks.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by powrsurg
I need to vent. I should of had my rig already. The dealership said it was on its way from Jersey last week. THey tell me to come down with the wheels and lift to drop it off. I was supposed to get a call today from the installer. No beans. I called them and they said the installed quoted them $1400 for the install. I told them to kiss my ass. Still, they can tell me if the Jeep has arrived. The only reason why I am considering having the dealer do the install is because they told me they would buy the rubicon wheels and tires for $1200. If they dont drop their price on the install, im taking the jeep and all the crap I just dropped off and having Evan do the install. Ill sell the wheels and tires for the price Evan charges me for the lift. It will certainly be less than $1400.
what's the update? What dealer?
Old 06-06-2012, 04:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Just got the Harbor Freight catalog.. three new locations on LI..

They had the blister pack of assorted fittings and chucks, as well as a 25' coiled 1/4" air hose.. both for like $5 each.

Cant go wrong with these if what you need is for occasional use.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:26 PM
JK Newbie

Nice! I wasn't in love with anything at lowes or hd. I'm heading to harbor freight in huntington tomorrow.

You think PVC hose is ok? That's the cheapest. Summer use only really.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Nice! I wasn't in love with anything at lowes or hd. I'm heading to harbor freight in huntington tomorrow.

You think PVC hose is ok? That's the cheapest. Summer use only really.
I am stopping by there as well.. not sure what time, but look for the Mango rig!

I grabbed the HF circular.. Self Coiling Air Hose, 25' x 1/4 $5.99 is more than adequate. A 3/8 line would flow a little faster, but for airing up it's perfect. The have three different coupler sets in the circular.. form $2.99 to $8.99. I would look for a set that has a few male / female connectors and at one nipple to connect them so have some versatility, and you'll need the chuck to connect to the schrader valve on the JK's wheel. It doesn't look like the self-coiling hose has one.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:58 AM
JK Newbie

I drove past the Soar Thumb entrance last night but didn't have any gear in my Jeep so didn't get to go out. How large is area 1 b/c I'm not a T.O.B. resident so I don't have the T.O.B pass and cant access area 2 and 3.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY