Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 06-03-2012, 06:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default soft top for sale

2010 JKU OE soft top for sale. Door surrounds, hardware and tinted windows all included. Mint condition, used only one summer. 450$ neg. PM me with any interest. Must sell!
Old 06-03-2012, 02:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
no. I was just making a joke because of how similar the rigs look. I love my light, 15 inch rims. I just wish the aluminum wasn't so high maintenance.
If it's raw alum, try Zoops Seal.

I used it on my three piece wheels.. though the centers were powder coated clear, the lips were polished and uncoated. I live on the bay so the already vulnerable aluminum would take a beating from the salt air.

I sealed them with Zoops the last season I had them and they stayed perfect for the entire summer.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:54 PM
JK Freak

Looking to sell stock front tow hooks $25, and a front inner bumper $25( the metal part) or $40 for both. Pm with questions

Last edited by 09jaykay; 06-03-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MikekiM
If it's raw alum, try Zoops Seal.

I used it on my three piece wheels.. though the centers were powder coated clear, the lips were polished and uncoated. I live on the bay so the already vulnerable aluminum would take a beating from the salt air.

I sealed them with Zoops the last season I had them and they stayed perfect for the entire summer.
I'll check into it. It's a sealer? Before I can seal it, I gotta get rid of the stains on the spare. The mothers polish didn't do it using the still ball. Need something more abrasive.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:54 PM
JK Super Freak

I consider the Mothers thing a gimmick. But to be fair, I've never used it.

The best polishes I have used are Simichrome, Flitz, LusterPads and Never Dull. But all of these need to be followed up with some other polish, like P21s or Adamstown clean off the solvents.

The Zoops has a series of cleaners to use prior to and after the sealer.

Most of these better products can be had from Eastwood
Old 06-03-2012, 07:46 PM
JK Junkie

Thanks. I'll check out Flitz. Ssw it on line and liked the look. Mothers worked good for light duty polishing, but now I have actual rust spots on one rim!
Old 06-04-2012, 02:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks. I'll check out Flitz. Ssw it on line and liked the look. Mothers worked good for light duty polishing, but now I have actual rust spots on one rim!
If you have rust you're going to have some pitting as well.

Might try some 0000 bronze wool to get the top layer of gunk off. You can follow that with the bronze wool with some dish washing soap on which will cut it down to like a 000000 and then use the polish. Don't use steel wool as all the little pieces that flake off will rust and you'll be worse off. Bronze wool doesn't rust.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:59 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MikekiM
If you have rust you're going to have some pitting as well.

Might try some 0000 bronze wool to get the top layer of gunk off. You can follow that with the bronze wool with some dish washing soap on which will cut it down to like a 000000 and then use the polish. Don't use steel wool as all the little pieces that flake off will rust and you'll be worse off. Bronze wool doesn't rust.
Thanks. where can I find it locally
Old 06-04-2012, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

Sorry gang... don't want to take this to a different topic, but I'm looking for a hose to refill my tires at Smith's Point. I'm not 100% sure on the connection at the beach or what hose I need but was looking at this VIAIR kit at quadratec. Any thoughts on if it'll work, or any alternatives I should look at?

Viair 00025 - VIAIR 5-in-1 Inline Deflation/Inflation Coil Hose - Quadratec

Thanks!
Old 06-04-2012, 04:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks. where can I find it locally
Good question.. I bought a few bags of it at a woodworking store.. no longer in business. You might try Lowes, Ace or HD in the paint and varnish aisles.. It's often used for rubbing out hand finishes on wood projects.

Originally Posted by King Kork
Sorry gang... don't want to take this to a different topic, but I'm looking for a hose to refill my tires at Smith's Point. I'm not 100% sure on the connection at the beach or what hose I need but was looking at this VIAIR kit at quadratec. Any thoughts on if it'll work, or any alternatives I should look at?

Viair 00025 - VIAIR 5-in-1 Inline Deflation/Inflation Coil Hose - Quadratec

Thanks!
We have no real direction here..

I may be wrong, but doesn't Smiths Point have hoses hard installed at each filling point? You don't need to bring your own hose. That said, right or wrong, I think their hoses have the female QD on them. I have that Viair coiled hose (and two others) with the same female QD end on them and none of them would hook up to the connectors at Smiths.. That's why I installed my own OBA.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY