Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 05-25-2012, 06:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikekiM

Me too!!

Call OK4WD in NJ.. they had a set sitting on the floor last time I was there.
Ill have to take a trip down there, i saw em on quadratec for like 130ish i think but im gonna look around to see if i can get a better price
Old 05-25-2012, 07:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by powrsurg
THat still has to be worked out. They said if they install the lift thatthey will warraty it. I told them I already had the lift parts and would only be interested in the install. We will see what happens. If they offer a good price I might just bite. I doubt they will offer a good price. Evan can do it for 6-800 and I can probably sell the rubicon stock wheels and tires for 500. I doubt the dealership can do that.
You may already know this, but depending on which springs you have there may be a huge market for the take-offs. If you have anything heavier than say... 18-58's or more, you can sell the shocks and springs pretty easy. My JK came with 15/55's.. My build sheet had no tow package and a soft top. I added Rubi springs at 18-59 with Rubi shocks and gained 1.7" of lift with the hard top on using OE correct and warranty friendly parts.

Originally Posted by Drayko88
Ill have to take a trip down there, i saw em on quadratec for like 130ish i think but im gonna look around to see if i can get a better price
It's a three hour drive from LI. Great store to browse around, but unless you have other stuff you need or want done, might be more productive to call. Call Carlyse Manufacturing as well. They make the wheels and have an inventory system that can decipher what vendors have stock.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:15 PM
JK Freak

hey surg, if you sell ur rubi tires let me know, I will buy them I live in middle island too. Also, if you do the lift install yourself I can lend a helping hand.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

THank you for the offer. I have a bit of a conumdrum. I have every intention of selling the 5 wheels and tires. Here is the problem. The dealer just offered me a SICK price for them. Now maybe im an idiot (certainly possible) but the original price I was going to ask for them is more than half what the dealer is saying they will give me as long as their inventory is low.

Let me see if the dealer follows through then we will talk. fair enough?

Originally Posted by skippyrock
hey surg, if you sell ur rubi tires let me know, I will buy them I live in middle island too. Also, if you do the lift install yourself I can lend a helping hand.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didnt even think of this. Ill keep all the parts removed and we'll see what I can get for them. THanks for the heads up!

Originally Posted by MikekiM
You may already know this, but depending on which springs you have there may be a huge market for the take-offs. If you have anything heavier than say... 18-58's or more, you can sell the shocks and springs pretty easy. My JK came with 15/55's.. My build sheet had no tow package and a soft top. I added Rubi springs at 18-59 with Rubi shocks and gained 1.7" of lift with the hard top on using OE correct and warranty friendly parts.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:51 PM
JK Freak

OK man, no problem. I wont need tires till after the winter but figured why not buy them now off a forum member if I can.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by powrsurg
THank you for the offer. I have a bit of a conumdrum. I have every intention of selling the 5 wheels and tires. Here is the problem. The dealer just offered me a SICK price for them. Now maybe im an idiot (certainly possible) but the original price I was going to ask for them is more than half what the dealer is saying they will give me as long as their inventory is low.

Let me see if the dealer follows through then we will talk. fair enough?
Really? Which dealer and how much? Inquiring mind want to know.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

Anybody going to Smith's Point tomorrow? We'll be there around 8am, (hopefully) towards the end of the 2nd DayTripper area. Red JKU with XHD stinger and Body armor rack..say hi and come stay!
Old 05-27-2012, 07:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Might be there mid-day...

Just got back from Sore Thumb...went for a night drive
Old 05-28-2012, 05:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think we are heading there later this morning.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY