Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 05-23-2012, 07:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Drayko88
Hey mike, i think i keep seeing you and your jeep driving on montauk hwy near copaigue. If so it looks sweet
Thanks! Yes, that would be my stomping ground.

Hope I wave...

Make sure I know it's you next time.. flip me the bird or something.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikekiM

Thanks! Yes, that would be my stomping ground.

Hope I wave...

Make sure I know it's you next time.. flip me the bird or something.
Will do lol, i work in lindenhurst so im constantly in the area, im in a black, bone stock (for now) jku,

Two questions if u dont mind. Your rims are gorgeous, where did u get them and what type are they, how is the backspacing with the 33s, also how do the 33" duratracs handle the sand out here, i wanna get a more aggressive tire but im afraid a mud terrain will dig into the sand too much

Last edited by Drayko88; 05-23-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Will do lol, i work in lindenhurst so im constantly in the area, im in a black, bone stock (for now) jku,

Two questions if u dont mind. Your rims are gorgeous, where did u get them and what type are they, how is the backspacing with the 33s, also how do the 33" duratracs handle the sand out here, i wanna get a more aggressive tire but im afraid a mud terrain will dig into the sand too much
I'll keep my eyes open for you... I try to wave to every Jeep regardless of model or mods, so keep an eye out for me.

Thanks on the wheels. They are BlackRock 909s in 15x10 with a 4" BS. The BS pulls them out a little further than the typical 5" or 5.5" and the extra 2" of width adds to that as well.

I bought two from Jegs, two from DTD and one from another vendor. The black and Tungsten were impossible to find in 15's but I was persistent. Last time I was out at OK4WD in NJ they had a set..

I had a black 2008 Sahara JK before this and when I saw this wheel/tire combo on a Mango I ditched the Sahara and grabbed the first Mango I could find. It wasn't on the 2012 color option list so it was a bitch to find.

GY DT's are 33x12.5. Stretched onto the 10" wheel makes them old-school round look. Exactly what I wanted. Zero rubbing. I've run them at stock height and at the current height which is about 2.5" ( 0.75" of TF spacers from the leveling kit, plus OE JKU Rubi shocks and springs which got me another 1.75" of lift while staying factory correct and warranty friendly)

I air-down to about 15 psi and the fat contact patch helps float over the sand rather than dig in. All-in-all the DT's have been excellent no matter what I throw at them.. snow, rain, sand, dirt, dry pavement.. Much quieter than an MT as well.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll keep my eyes open for you... I try to wave to every Jeep regardless of model or mods, so keep an eye out for me.

Thanks on the wheels. They are BlackRock 909s in 15x10 with a 4" BS. The BS pulls them out a little further than the typical 5" or 5.5" and the extra 2" of width adds to that as well.

I bought two from Jegs, two from DTD and one from another vendor. The black and Tungsten were impossible to find in 15's but I was persistent. Last time I was out at OK4WD in NJ they had a set..

I had a black 2008 Sahara JK before this and when I saw this wheel/tire combo on a Mango I ditched the Sahara and grabbed the first Mango I could find. It wasn't on the 2012 color option list so it was a bitch to find.

GY DT's are 33x12.5. Stretched onto the 10" wheel makes them old-school round look. Exactly what I wanted. Zero rubbing. I've run them at stock height and at the current height which is about 2.5" ( 0.75" of TF spacers from the leveling kit, plus OE JKU Rubi shocks and springs which got me another 1.75" of lift while staying factory correct and warranty friendly)

I air-down to about 15 psi and the fat contact patch helps float over the sand rather than dig in. All-in-all the DT's have been excellent no matter what I throw at them.. snow, rain, sand, dirt, dry pavement.. Much quieter than an MT as well.
Thanks for the info. i definitely wanna get a set of GY DT as my next tire, hearing your opinion sealed the deal. ive been looking for a nice set of black rims to go on my black JK and i think those 909s are just the look i want. if i see ya ill shoot ya a wave : )
Old 05-24-2012, 06:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the info. i definitely wanna get a set of GY DT as my next tire, hearing your opinion sealed the deal. ive been looking for a nice set of black rims to go on my black JK and i think those 909s are just the look i want. if i see ya ill shoot ya a wave : )
Same wheel, all black.. much easier to find.

BlackRock 909

(no "s")
Old 05-24-2012, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Same wheel, all black.. much easier to find.

BlackRock 909

(no "s")
Thanks but i really like the silver lip on yours. Ill just have to hunt em down : )
Old 05-24-2012, 07:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks but i really like the silver lip on yours. Ill just have to hunt em down : )
Me too!!

Call OK4WD in NJ.. they had a set sitting on the floor last time I was there.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Theory is about to turn into reality. the dealer just called and my rig should be in in a day or two. My financing is secured, lift just arrived today. Get this, I picked up the Rancho 4in SPort for $599, $650 with tax and free shipping. I just looked through the box al the parts are there. Im amazed!
Old 05-25-2012, 02:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by powrsurg
Theory is about to turn into reality. the dealer just called and my rig should be in in a day or two. My financing is secured, lift just arrived today. Get this, I picked up the Rancho 4in SPort for $599, $650 with tax and free shipping. I just looked through the box al the parts are there. Im amazed!
Dealer going to install the lift for you?
Old 05-25-2012, 06:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dealer going to install the lift for you?
THat still has to be worked out. They said if they install the lift thatthey will warraty it. I told them I already had the lift parts and would only be interested in the install. We will see what happens. If they offer a good price I might just bite. I doubt they will offer a good price. Evan can do it for 6-800 and I can probably sell the rubicon stock wheels and tires for 500. I doubt the dealership can do that.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY