Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 05-22-2012, 06:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcguyver
If it was me, I would use the cres in the rear with your trektop NX in safari mode... Have some protection from the sun but the openness of no windows and in your case 1/2 doors!! Just my opinion.
I eventually want the dirty dog straps for just my rear with my NX, this way it's always on, want to just pull the windows/doors and go!!
I've thought about that, but I think the two will conflict with eachother.. Both are secured around the sound bar, I'd have to mount them up to see if they play nice together. The mesh would help keep my daughter in the back, where she should be!!

You should look at the COP 4x4 straps too.

Did you get the links I sent you.. the light bar?
Old 05-22-2012, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by soccerwarriors9

Thanks for the info man, i appreciate it! Im almost sold on pulling the trigger on these fenders, but the sketchy part thats holding me back is the drilling you have to do for the rear.. Are they big holes? Are they noticeable spots where you need to drill if i was to take them off? (not that i probably ever will) i just like to know what im getting myself into
All holes are 1/2", The only ones that you would see if you took them off are the 2 between the tail lights and the gate(1on each side ) and 3 on each side of the tube rt above where the stock fender would be. If I were to take mine off, I would just put stainless button head bolts in just to fill the hole, the other 6-8 are on the lower rocker panel more or less, pretty much out of sight.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikekiM

I've thought about that, but I think the two will conflict with eachother.. Both are secured around the sound bar, I'd have to mount them up to see if they play nice together. The mesh would help keep my daughter in the back, where she should be!!

You should look at the COP 4x4 straps too.

Did you get the links I sent you.. the light bar?
No link, just the pics. Thanks mike. I will look into the cop straps. Can't be more $ than the dirty dogs...

I see the problem your trying to figure out with the cres, I think going with the dirty dog or cop stats just for the rear would work for me just so I don't have to take off gear/stuff to use other gear. I love the look of the netting. Just don't want to spend 2-300$.... Cres is what 80$!! Can't beat that ....
Old 05-22-2012, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cloud nine jk
Yes my friend said some one posted a pic of my truck lol what up
Haha saw you pull up next to my job while I was outside, just wanted to say hi :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-22-2012, 01:22 PM
JK Super Freak

No link, just the pics. Thanks mike. I will look into the cop straps. Can't be more $ than the dirty dogs...

I see the problem your trying to figure out with the cres, I think going with the dirty dog or cop stats just for the rear would work for me just so I don't have to take off gear/stuff to use other gear. I love the look of the netting. Just don't want to spend 2-300$.... Cres is what 80$!! Can't beat that ....
Dirty Dog and COP are billed as being able to support the weight of gear or (gulp) kids! I recommended the COP after reading WOL's writeup on it. CRES won't support weight..it's basically soft top material cut to the mesh pattern and for me, is really only to keep my daughter from falling out or to keep hats, shirts and other beach stuff in!

I am pretty good at modding stuff, so I guarantee I can figure out how to run the Nx and CRES at the same time..
Old 05-22-2012, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I know you figure it out! You always do great quality work.
I'm debating netting or OBA. Decisions decisions.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

All holes are 1/2", The only ones that you would see if you took them off are the 2 between the tail lights and the gate(1on each side ) and 3 on each side of the tube rt above where the stock fender would be. If I were to take mine off, I would just put stainless button head bolts in just to fill the hole, the other 6-8 are on the lower rocker panel more or less, pretty much out of sight.
Thanks man! I appreciate the help! Im totally gunna pull the trigger once i get the money in a few weeks
Old 05-22-2012, 05:42 PM
JK Super Freak

I know you figure it out! You always do great quality work.
I'm debating netting or OBA. Decisions decisions.
Hmmm... Easy decision. Air up while the family hits the bathroom and be on your way while the rest of the crowd waits in line for air..
Old 05-22-2012, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikekiM

Hmmm... Easy decision. Air up while the family hits the bathroom and be on your way while the rest of the crowd waits in line for air..
X2 i agree, i want netting too but im surviving at the moment with a huge assortment of bungee cords lol
Old 05-23-2012, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey mike, i think i keep seeing you and your jeep driving on montauk hwy near copaigue. If so it looks sweet

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY