Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 05-21-2012, 12:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's the jerks who speed on the beach that will eventually ruin it for everyone..white trash
Old 05-21-2012, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 09jaykay
When i was stock i aired down to 18psi, 10psi is a little low and could cause you to blow a bead.

The cuts are different sections of the beach, once the piping plovers start to lay their eggs they will close different parts of the beach causing you to take Berma Road to get to different cuts. If you look next time you go you will see signs that say CUT#1... CUT#2.. and so on all the way to the inlet.

About the Speed the legal limit is 10mph, i use 4lo on the beach so i never go over 18mph to pervent damage to the truck. but u will always see guys flying down the beach.

I to will be at Cedar point this week end camping, look for the orange 4d on 35's towing a seadoo down the beach.
Is it too late still to get a beach pass for my 4dr JKU? I'd like to be on the beach this summer...
Old 05-21-2012, 06:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mcguyver

Hella 55's. With new kc brackets... I have a relay to give with, ginning to keep the wiring in my jeep for my new set up... Here's a pic... I'm want 80$ for lights with the new brackets. Everything new is round 175$
Not inquring about your hellas, but about you smitty fenders! How are they? Install? Quality? Opinion?

I have a stone white two door than im saving up to put those on before i got to college!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1402165088.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	319879  
Old 05-21-2012, 08:15 PM
JK Newbie

Default In need of a new front bumper

Last summer I was down in Long Beach and the front bumper of my 09 wrangler was backed into while I was at the beach. I bent whatever I could back out and have tried to cover up the white dents.
I am looking to replace the stock bumper with another. If anyone is upgrading, please contact me. Thanks.

peterjsaitta@yahoo.com
Old 05-21-2012, 09:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Tanman823
Jk sticker spotted, figured it would be one of us on here. Wanted to say hi but went into best buy here in Patchogue

Attachment 317303
Yes my friend said some one posted a pic of my truck lol what up
Old 05-22-2012, 03:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by soccerwarriors9

Not inquring about your hellas, but about you smitty fenders! How are they? Install? Quality? Opinion?

I have a stone white two door than im saving up to put those on before i got to college!
I really love them.
There's only a hand full of people who have them, I like to be different than most of the same jk's you see driving around.
I painted mine so I can't comment on the powder coating, I brought mine used and were painted white. So I bedlined the set. The rears held up great but I need to repaint the front.
Quality/fit is pretty much right on. The only thing I didn't like us that you need to drill like 14 holes in your rig but the look is tough...
The front took about 4 hours to do and is basically bolt on and the front only require 2 hole to drill that most choose not to. You do have to cut off the stock flare support arm that stick out over your front tires.. Other than that the fronts are a piece of cake.
The rears are another story, measure 3-4x's before you drill. That what I did with help from a friend. They also took about 4-5 hours. Theres a couple install write ups on here you can search for.... Hope this help you... Any questions just ask....here's a side shot....

Name:	image-1601397097.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	320045   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-64131830.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	320046  
Old 05-22-2012, 04:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Got any more pics of your CRES?

I bought one over the winter.. still in the box.

Can't figure out the preferred configuration.. I think it needs a mesh over the front seats to complete it.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MikekiM

Can't figure out the preferred configuration.. I think it needs a mesh over the front seats to complete it.
Yeah i got some more, just no close ups of the rear. I like that its totally open over the front seats, but thats IMO. It makes your rig look 10x meaner! Hope my pictures help yaa

Name:	image-512629382.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	320069   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3477696853.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	320070  
Old 05-22-2012, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mcguyver

I really love them.
There's only a hand full of people who have them, I like to be different than most of the same jk's you see driving around.
I painted mine so I can't comment on the powder coating, I brought mine used and were painted white. So I bedlined the set. The rears held up great but I need to repaint the front.
Quality/fit is pretty much right on. The only thing I didn't like us that you need to drill like 14 holes in your rig but the look is tough...
The front took about 4 hours to do and is basically bolt on and the front only require 2 hole to drill that most choose not to. You do have to cut off the stock flare support arm that stick out over your front tires.. Other than that the fronts are a piece of cake.
The rears are another story, measure 3-4x's before you drill. That what I did with help from a friend. They also took about 4-5 hours. Theres a couple install write ups on here you can search for.... Hope this help you... Any questions just ask....here's a side shot....
Thanks for the info man, i appreciate it! Im almost sold on pulling the trigger on these fenders, but the sketchy part thats holding me back is the drilling you have to do for the rear.. Are they big holes? Are they noticeable spots where you need to drill if i was to take them off? (not that i probably ever will) i just like to know what im getting myself into
Old 05-22-2012, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikekiM

If it was me, I would use the cres in the rear with your trektop NX in safari mode... Have some protection from the sun but the openness of no windows and in your case 1/2 doors!! Just my opinion.
I eventually want the dirty dog straps for just my rear with my NX, this way it's always on, want to just pull the windows/doors and go!!

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY