Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 05-01-2012, 02:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Evan is the guy whose number I lost. My buddy recommended him as well. Just called him and he gave me a good price. He doesn't seem to think however that Rancho makes a good product. He's got me concerned. He likes AEV but I've heard some bad press about their brackets bending. Hope I made the right decision.
Originally Posted by adamisadam
Call evan. He's a jeep guy. Extremely experienced. I'll pm u his cell.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by powrsurg
Evan is the guy whose number I lost. My buddy recommended him as well. Just called him and he gave me a good price. He doesn't seem to think however that Rancho makes a good product. He's got me concerned. He likes AEV but I've heard some bad press about their brackets bending. Hope I made the right decision.
Ive did EVOs leveling kit several months ago and didnt have to compress the springs either. Just drop the the axles, disconnect the brake lines and youre good to go. I would be happy to lend you a hand. Just my two cents. You may want to take what Evan said about the Rancho lift. If you can return it you may want to consider Rock Krawler Let me know if you would like some help.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:51 PM
JK Freak

Thank You everyone for your offer to assist. This is bringing me back to my Avalanche days and how we would get together and help rip each others rigs apart, eat, drink, and put them back together better than they were before we started.

BNS4x4VR, are you hearing anything inparticular about the Rancho Kits? What should I be worried about?

Originally Posted by BNS4X4VR
Ive did EVOs leveling kit several months ago and didnt have to compress the springs either. Just drop the the axles, disconnect the brake lines and youre good to go. I would be happy to lend you a hand. Just my two cents. You may want to take what Evan said about the Rancho lift. If you can return it you may want to consider Rock Krawler Let me know if you would like some help.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:41 PM
JK Super Freak

I've heard similar general negativity towards Rancho stuff and have steered clear of it..

Nothing in particular...just general negative chatter.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:53 PM
JK Freak

Just gont done reading all 43 pages of this thread
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...e-here-130258/

It appears 95% of the people are very happy with this product. Im going to stick with it. Only time will tell if Im a sucker.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Rancho jk did pretty well during the last jk experience. Doesn't look like it's a bad product
Old 05-02-2012, 04:05 AM
JK Newbie

tons of good info in here, I did not know some shops wouldn't install kits you got elsewhere.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

what are you planning to do with your jeep? What type of use? 4 inches is a big lift for just street you. if you want off road capability then by all means go for it.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't have any first hand knowledge about Rancho's kit. Just the feed back from the forum. Like anything, if you look good and hard you will find both pro's and con's. Either way it will make for one NICE LOOKING JK. Let me know if you would like a hand with the install. I'm no mechanic, but I know my way around a Jeep.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

This thread is awesome

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY