Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 04-10-2012, 08:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys...

Just a heads up... I don't really wana get into it too much or explain, I will after everything gets worked out and all that.

I had a pretty bad accident with my truck the other night, ended in a rollover.
The most important thing is that everyone in the Jeep was ok. No one had more then bumps and bruises very glad/thankful for that.

I do not know what the situation with insurance is yet, however there is a large chance that it is totaled.

I would like to swap off my 35's for stock wheels and this would be a good chance for someone to pick up really nice wheels and tires for a trade + some cash.

They have about 15k on them. Rotated every 3000 miles (every time I did oil, yes synthetic every 3k is overkill but whatever)
I rotated all 5 tires every time so they all have even wear... I don't know the tread depth like as a number, or whatever and I do not have pictures of treads or anything but there is lots of millage on them left for sure.

They are 18 inch Rockstar Rims, and the center cap has been custom cut so that the center cap does not stick out all doofy looking like most rockstars, it sits much closer to the wheel itself and it looks really good.

The tires are 35x12.5 r18 nitto mud grapplers E-ply so they do not wear very fast.

The tires are LOUD... but that is why I bought them... they look awesome and they sound awesome... With the stereo on you don't really hear them or the exhaust (at least I don't notice it but with the doors off its loud no denying that...

I need Alloy Rims and Rubi Tires or Nice Tires that are in decent shape..
I can't put balled tires on it. The Truck is being rated as it was sold (the aftermarket wheels can come off so long as they are replaced with factory spec stuff with normal wear) I am not trying to dupe anyone here, so they need to be in working condition. If my insurance covers everything then I don't need to swap them but they might not cover aftermarket wheels, so then I can put on the factory wheels and keep my aftermarket stuff...

The tires/wheels were not damaged in the accident at all (went ass over nose)...
They do have some tiny marks near the tire though in a spot or two from wheeling with them...
No one really notices it but me, but I want to make it as forefront as possible.

I was about to change the oil again in 1k and rotate them again and I can give someone the rotation chart I was using so they know how they should put them on their Jeep to keep it all the same.

I will have a bunch of other stuff up soon I think...
depends on how things go... I will let everyone know.

So Glad no one was injured and so sad Rubicca is no more.

If you are interested shoot me a PM with what type of wheels you have off of what and how much cash you would add, I am really looking for Rubi wheels and tires since this would be exactly back to spec, but they said as long as they are the nice factory alloys with tires in normal shape not bad shape then it would be ok.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Holy Crap!!

Certainly glad you and your passengers are okay.. end-over-end had to be frightening.

I could rattle off a gojillion questions, but my first thought was, how did the roll bar and windshield hold up from a safety perspective..did you land on the roof?

Just glad you're okay.

I have a set of stock pizza cutter 16's with brand new rubber.. like 100 miles brand new. Don't need them, and don't need your wheels.. just throwing that out there if you need a set of stockers as an option.

Again.. glad you're okay..
Old 04-10-2012, 09:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OMG. Glad ur ok. How'd you go end over end in a 5,000# truck? I did it once, but in a firebird (passenger). Off the road, through the guardrail, down a hill. Can't see any other way to go end over on the road.

On the plus side, huntington has some nice new AEVs on the lot

Glad you are ok.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
OMG. Glad ur ok. How'd you go end over end in a 5,000# truck? I did it once, but in a firebird (passenger). Off the road, through the guardrail, down a hill. Can't see any other way to go end over on the road.

On the plus side, huntington has some nice new AEVs on the lot

Glad you are ok.

no guardrail, slow speed down a bit of grass hill, 9-10 foot retaining wall... went nose first on a very slight angle, landed hood/quarterpannelish/windshield first... because it was slow it didn't keep rolling and kinda just plopped onto where it landed...

Everyone was seatbelted (always make everyone put one on or I don't drive)
again so thankful that no one was hurt.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Glad to hear you all are ok!! Can't even imagine that!

Just courios... How much for your rockstars with rubber? If your rubber were 17's I would buy tomorrow.. Changing wheels after 1 year would be a hard sell on my end...
Old 04-10-2012, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

Glad you and your passengers are all safe joey2times, sorry to hear about your truck.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

WOW, sorry to hear about your misfortune but good to hear that all are safe.

if they total it you should buy it back and build a sweet ride.

What kind of aftermarket parts do you have?
I already have rockstars, otherwise i'd be all over them.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JKGMR
Looking to head up to rausch at the end of the month...off roading newbie..anyone interested in going ??
PM me...interested
Old 04-12-2012, 06:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM sent to you Joey2times
Old 04-12-2012, 06:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by conifers4
PM sent to you Joey2times
Don't see it, but PM'ed you soyou can just reply

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY