Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 04-06-2012, 10:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tcool99
Just got mine back from The Truck Shop in Sayville. 2-3" leveling kit and new 17" Throttle wheels with 285/70/17 Duratracs. What a difference!
looks great, what leveling kit is this?
Old 04-06-2012, 11:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lookin good Tcool99
Old 04-06-2012, 01:00 PM
JK Super Freak

anyone real crafty with wiring and power flows and electronic stuff ?

I got some questions about how I am going to wire/power all this lovely stuff I got lately...
Old 04-06-2012, 02:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by joey2times
anyone real crafty with wiring and power flows and electronic stuff ?

I got some questions about how I am going to wire/power all this lovely stuff I got lately...
I wish.. I stood over my OBA & Aux light switches, relays and aux fuse block and still couldn't figure it out. I'm going to have to lay it all out on the floor or draw it out..
Old 04-06-2012, 02:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Got out on the sand this morning... Once again, I was the only one out on the beach. Got to the far east end and then came back on the north access road which is a lot more fun than the wide open beach.

Saw a few JK's on the way back in.

210 degree, 11 image pano.. yes, the beach was REALLY empty! Enjoy while it lasts...

Toasted the air hose to my OBA.. Seems the heat resistant hose...isn't.

Made a stop on the way back and upgraded with a stainless braided leader hose.. I won't have the problem again.

Went from this...

To this...

Much more robust. Relocated the compressors intake/filter up under the cowl so it's sucking cool-ish air.

Last edited by MikekiM; 04-06-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:04 PM
JK Newbie

Just putting it out there for the newbies at smith point, when someone is coming down Burma road and they don't have place to pull over pull over... Please..

I had some jackass in a deep cherry red today pull bumper to bumper with me and stare at me I had no where to go. He went to bak up and sunk... (would be a good idea to air down too) took him a while to get out and back to where we could pass....

Sorry for the rant guys just something that pissed me off today I live within 3 miles of smith point and hate when people come and don't respect the beach or whatever is left of it.

Thanks and jeep on my friends!
Old 04-06-2012, 06:06 PM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE="MikekiM"]Got out on the sand this morning... Once again, I was the only one out on the beach. Got to the far east end and then came back on the north access road which is a lot more fun than the wide open beach.

The guy at the gate said I was the second with no doors guess you were the first
Old 04-07-2012, 03:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by smitty's surfer
Just putting it out there for the newbies at smith point, when someone is coming down Burma road and they don't have place to pull over pull over... Please..

I had some jackass in a deep cherry red today pull bumper to bumper with me and stare at me I had no where to go. He went to bak up and sunk... (would be a good idea to air down too) took him a while to get out and back to where we could pass....

Sorry for the rant guys just something that pissed me off today I live within 3 miles of smith point and hate when people come and don't respect the beach or whatever is left of it.

Thanks and jeep on my friends!

I think the problem is the yahoos taking Burma Road too fast to have time to grab one of bail-outs when someone is coming the other way.. I was rounding a corner and saw an Expedition on full bicycle tires with about ten people in it, coming the other way. No way the were going to stop so I managed to backup for them. Had I been going faster I would have dug in when I stopped. I don't think they acknowledged me...just blew by.

Saw another guy who I chatted with for a bit... Clearly on his first family outing with wife and kid. Black Rubin JKU with AEV hood and wheel.. FLYING and wiggling all over. When we stopped he said he was in 2 WD and didn't know what Air-down meant...

I have half doors...

The gate-dude, Ed is his name... Came out to check my rig out...the girl behind the counter loved the Mango!
Old 04-07-2012, 04:06 AM
JK Newbie

I picked up a fire extinguisher last night and my compressor should be here some time Monday. I just need to pick up a first aid kit and a high lift and then maybe I can tag along with some of you guys. I'd like to go with some people that "know the correct way" to wheel on the beaches the first few times.

Oh and awesome pics again Mike
Old 04-07-2012, 04:17 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MikekiM
I think the problem is the yahoos taking Burma Road too fast to have time to grab one of bail-outs when someone is coming the other way.. I was rounding a corner and saw an Expedition on full bicycle tires with about ten people in it, coming the other way. No way the were going to stop so I managed to backup for them. Had I been going faster I would have dug in when I stopped. I don't think they acknowledged me...just blew by.

Saw another guy who I chatted with for a bit... Clearly on his first family outing with wife and kid. Black Rubin JKU with AEV hood and wheel.. FLYING and wiggling all over. When we stopped he said he was in 2 WD and didn't know what Air-down meant...

I have half doors...

The gate-dude, Ed is his name... Came out to check my rig out...the girl behind the counter loved the Mango!

Yeah i had the same problem a couple times yesterday, and sorry it looks like you have no doors on haha, sweet pics!

heres a few from my adventure yesterday

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	300669Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).jpg
Views:	105
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	300670

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY