Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 04-03-2012, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nick_v2
Has anyone been to any of the beaches yet this year?
I was down by Robert Moses on Sunday...i guess the day it officially opened. You couldn't even get into the staging area to air down.

I didn't get my permit for State beaches, as i am not a fisherman. How strict are they with that rule?

I was told for County beaches you don't need to be a fisherman...is that true?
Old 04-03-2012, 10:19 AM
JK Newbie

great shot MikekiM, I cannot wait to get out there! I was just looking at an air compressor over at Harbor Freight that's on sale, I might just pick it up for now since its a bit cheaper then the big name ones since I currently need so much equipment.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

great shot MikekiM, I cannot wait to get out there! I was just looking at an air compressor over at Harbor Freight that's on sale, I might just pick it up for now since its a bit cheaper then the big name ones since I currently need so much equipment.
which compressor, and how much?
Old 04-03-2012, 10:31 AM
JK Newbie

Anybody know a place where I can get my jk regeared? I'm from westchester and nobody around here seems to know of a place who will do it. Anybody know of anywhere to get it done? Thanks
Old 04-03-2012, 10:37 AM
JK Newbie

Default Passes?

Anyone there checking passes? I have one, but pretty sure it expired in Dec 31. I have to check.

Originally Posted by MikekiM
One trip out to Smithpoint a few weeks ago.. it was a rainy day and I was the only one on the beach...

Old 04-03-2012, 11:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by evan631
which compressor, and how much?
Central Pneumatic 12V 150PSI (LOT NO. 66399/69285) $59.99
Old 04-03-2012, 12:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ronnievee116
Anybody know a place where I can get my jk regeared? I'm from westchester and nobody around here seems to know of a place who will do it. Anybody know of anywhere to get it done? Thanks
Do a search back a few pages in this post and you'll find the contact info for two trusted mechanics on LI. Evan is in Bayshore and is highly trusted. Sammy owns Sammy's OffRoad in Hicksville, which might be closer to you. Also well liked, though pretty busy. The Truck Shop in Sayville is an option, though not my first choice.

Originally Posted by kbern119
Anyone there checking passes? I have one, but pretty sure it expired in Dec 31. I have to check.
No.. I drove right in and on the sand. Not a soul around for hours. It was awesome.

Central Pneumatic 12V 150PSI (LOT NO. 66399/69285) $59.99
I picked up my MV50 from Amazon for about that price. I have a lot of HF stuff, but a compressor wasn't something I trusted from them. Most of their stuff has limited life and not all the spots on LI have air available. If you're going someplace that has it and you're looking to get around a line of trucks staged to air-up, then okay.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kbern119
They are there during the day checking after 9 you might get away with it
Old 04-03-2012, 06:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MikekiM
I picked up my MV50 from Amazon for about that price. I have a lot of HF stuff, but a compressor wasn't something I trusted from them. Most of their stuff has limited life and not all the spots on LI have air available. If you're going someplace that has it and you're looking to get around a line of trucks staged to air-up, then okay.
That's a good point. I just ordered an MV50 the few dollars more was worth it after taking that into account.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's a good point. I just ordered an MV50 the few dollars more was worth it after taking that into account.
I have been considering the mv50 too. I heard a few negative things about it. But for the money probably worth it.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY