Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 03-29-2012, 07:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joey2times
I like the idea for sure...

May is a far way off... but it would be cool if we set it up... and get a good group together... Might what to just turn it into a RC weekend hahaha and we can all wheel some shit and rock out.
Well may 19th is go topless day i see posts for other states doing so, so i figured it would be sick to get a large group together and caravan out somewhere then bbq and bonfire later that afternoon. maybe get some t shirts made up and whatnot idk im just brainstorming lol
Old 03-29-2012, 07:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by smitty's surfer
Well may 19th is go topless day i see posts for other states doing so, so i figured it would be sick to get a large group together and caravan out somewhere then bbq and bonfire later that afternoon. maybe get some t shirts made up and whatnot idk im just brainstorming lol

Well I am down... hahaha

Brainstorming is good.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Im definitely in : )
Old 03-29-2012, 10:59 AM
JK Newbie

Just curious to see if anyone would be interested in doing a meet and greet and a cruise for may 19th go topless day?
any takers? any ideas?

I was thinking maybe a meet up then drive out somewhere then possible bbq at smiths point or a central beach location where we can drive on and have a fire and hangout?
this sounds like a great idea, I'd def. be interested.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nick_v2
I've also used tons of polishes on the BBS wheels from the old VW. Neverdull was always a good go-to but I loved the Adams metal polish (stg 1 & 2) speaking of Adams they make some great products. Either of you guys ever use WD40 and 0000 steelwool?
I still have and use the Adams products.. the polish is one of my favorites. The Silicone Spray.. In and Out.. I think that is the name.. good stuff. I have a case of that on the shelf in the garage, but don't seem to find uses for it on the JK.

The WD40 trick.. yes. But I strongly recommend Bronze wool instead of steel. The metal pads like these will shed little fibre's as you probably know. They make for some good metal splinters. Steel fibre's will end up rusting, Bronze won't rust. It get stuck in all the nooks and cranies as well as all over the drive way, no matter how well you think you've cleaned it up. Try the Bronze wool.. you can get it at super markets.

Just curious to see if anyone would be interested in doing a meet and greet and a cruise for may 19th go topless day?
any takers? any ideas?
Would love to do that but I'll be out of town that weekend. I am considering a trip out to Sore Thumb this weekend..
Old 03-29-2012, 11:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MikekiM
I still have and use the Adams products.. the polish is one of my favorites. The Silicone Spray.. In and Out.. I think that is the name.. good stuff. I have a case of that on the shelf in the garage, but don't seem to find uses for it on the JK.
The In and Out spray is amazing, I love that stuff it makes the final touches so easy.

The WD40 trick.. yes. But I strongly recommend Bronze wool instead of steel. The metal pads like these will shed little fibre's as you probably know. They make for some good metal splinters. Steel fibre's will end up rusting, Bronze won't rust. It get stuck in all the nooks and cranies as well as all over the drive way, no matter how well you think you've cleaned it up. Try the Bronze wool.. you can get it at super markets.
Yes the steel wool does leave one hell of a mess, that takes a while to clean up. I'll give the bronze wool a shot next time I'm polishing. Thanks!!!

Would love to do that but I'll be out of town that weekend. I am considering a trip out to Sore Thumb this weekend..
Oh yeah the beaches open up soon right? I got my passes but need to collect all the required tools, gear, and what not, time to start a shopping list.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

April 15th there is a cars show in Smithtown. How about we meet at Uncle Giesuppe's on RT 111 before the show and crash it. Ill get more details Saturday if everyone is up for it.. There is also a car show supporting the Ronald McDonald House in Commack May 27th at the Grill 454 on Vets Hwy.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BNS4X4VR
April 15th there is a cars show in Smithtown. How about we meet at Uncle Giesuppe's on RT 111 before the show and crash it. Ill get more details Saturday if everyone is up for it.. There is also a car show supporting the Ronald McDonald House in Commack May 27th at the Grill 454 on Vets Hwy.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BNS4X4VR
Would love to Crash/Attend all of these... I hope I can get my system done in time
Old 03-29-2012, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Where do i find the Adams polish locally?

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY