Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 03-28-2012, 04:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikekiM
Sure thing! I am hoping for a ride out to the beach this weekend.. gotta get some fresh air in my head..

Moses and whatnot opens up on Sunday doesn't it ??

I would love to get rolling on the sand this year hahah I have gotten passes before and never went, and I have been away from LI for two summers since...

What beaches would you be looking to hit.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MikekiM
I loved the wheels.. but made the made a mistake when I had them refinished.. I had the centers (five spoke) PC'd clear which was fine, but I left the lips unfinished. I quickly became a slave to polishing them and Can honestly say I used every metal polish known to man. They looked great but man, what a PITA...

So which metal polish is best for stubborn stains? I have one rim that has spots from sadly I guess, that I cannot get off with mothers and a power wheel!
Old 03-28-2012, 11:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
So which metal polish is best for stubborn stains? I have one rim that has spots from sadly I guess, that I cannot get off with mothers and a power wheel!
The I liked best are Flitz and Simichrome, but they are tough to work with.. Take a good amount of elbow grease. Recently I was using Adam's which is a two stage polish.

I also used this really cool stuff called Zoops Seal.. I went a good six months with out having to polish them at all. It took a lot of prep work and down time while the stuff cured. It was some kind of ceramic sealant. I let it go as it closer to winter and then never applied again.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:53 PM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 35" tires for sale?

Sorry to (sorta) change the subject, but a buddy of mine is looking for 35's for a TJ he's about to buy. Anyone looking to sell and/or know someone who is?
Thanks
Old 03-28-2012, 01:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ratso
Sorry to (sorta) change the subject, but a buddy of mine is looking for 35's for a TJ he's about to buy. Anyone looking to sell and/or know someone who is?
Thanks
I know someone with a set of five 35's he wanted to sell.. shoot me a PM and I'll make the connection for you.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Iv'e tried a lot of polishes as well, but i always come back to Nevr-Dull.

http://www.nevrdull.com/
Old 03-29-2012, 02:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Nick-NY
Iv'e tried a lot of polishes as well, but i always come back to Nevr-Dull.

http://www.nevrdull.com/
Yup, there's a can of Neverdull on the shelf in the garage.. I used that on a lot of stuff, but I didn't like working with it for polishing the wheels. I gravitated towards the water soluble stuff because I needed to polish the lips every week or so and most of the polishes rendered the rags useless.. P21s makes a nice product too. Water soluble and doesn't stain your fingers or rags.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

I've also used tons of polishes on the BBS wheels from the old VW. Neverdull was always a good go-to but I loved the Adams metal polish (stg 1 & 2) speaking of Adams they make some great products. Either of you guys ever use WD40 and 0000 steelwool?
Old 03-29-2012, 06:52 AM
JK Newbie

Default Go topless day?!

Just curious to see if anyone would be interested in doing a meet and greet and a cruise for may 19th go topless day?
any takers? any ideas?

I was thinking maybe a meet up then drive out somewhere then possible bbq at smiths point or a central beach location where we can drive on and have a fire and hangout?
Old 03-29-2012, 06:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by smitty's surfer
Just curious to see if anyone would be interested in doing a meet and greet and a cruise for may 19th go topless day?
any takers? any ideas?

I was thinking maybe a meet up then drive out somewhere then possible bbq at smiths point or a central beach location where we can drive on and have a fire and hangout?
I like the idea for sure...

May is a far way off... but it would be cool if we set it up... and get a good group together... Might what to just turn it into a RC weekend hahaha and we can all wheel some shit and rock out.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY