Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 03-10-2012, 05:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by midtown711
Does Anybody on Long Island have the experience and abilty to install a teraflex 2.5 budget boost kit? Im looking for a good shop or someone who does installs on the side. Thanks,
Brian
To be honest you could prob wrangle up some help from some dudes here...

Bar-b-q and some mods installed is not that bad... and its prob cheaper then paying for the install...

but if you would rather go the pro route... Evan is a great option.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by joey2times
To be honest you could prob wrangle up some help from some dudes here...

Bar-b-q and some mods installed is not that bad... and its prob cheaper then paying for the install....
See...

Mod Day!

I'm just sayin...
Old 03-10-2012, 03:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MikekiM
See...

Mod Day!

I'm just sayin...

MOD DAY needs a date... I am going to go ahead and vote like April 6th... I know its like a month away... but that gives people a chance to get the shit they have been thinking about... and it also makes sure the weather is not going to freeze up on us real quick like on a whim...

The weekend before that I can't do, my girl comes home after 2 months in hawaii so I am going to be real busy the weekend of the 30th hahahaah

The weekend before that the 23, is actually my B-day.. so I might be heading up for one last snowboarding hurrah but with the way the weather is that might not work either hahaha

The weekend before that... next weekend I would be down... but it also makes it kinda a quick thing if anyone has been thinking about stuff... (I don't know if all the parts I want to install are going to be in by then hahaha)

But whatev's I will try to make any one of those weekends to be honest...

We also need a location... I will bring my new tool set hahaha but thats not the most bad ass set... and I will bring some custom brewed Ice Tea and some beers and some snacks and whatnot... But I am sure we are going to need flat driveway space and good jacks and stands and what not...
Old 03-10-2012, 04:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Oh also...

I picked up those little squares from Home Depot today and new zip ties...

but the gutter screen stuff was kinda blah... it didn't really look like it would hold up... and it was really thin and cut to a shape that wouldn't really work...
I checked for rolls of wire mesh and they had metal version of the plastic you said you had... but it was really thin also... I think the plastic might be the best bet...

I don't know though... anyone have a product # or name or know something else to use for the cheep grill inserts ??
Old 03-10-2012, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

I used the stainless steel gutter guards from Home Depot and painted them black after trimming them to fit.

I also gorilla glued the sides of the sticky squares for a little EXTRA holding power.

Last edited by Nick-NY; 03-10-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joey2times
MOD DAY needs a date... I am going to go ahead and vote like April 6th... I know its like a month away... but that gives people a chance to get the shit they have been thinking about... and it also makes sure the weather is not going to freeze up on us real quick like on a whim...

The weekend before that I can't do, my girl comes home after 2 months in hawaii so I am going to be real busy the weekend of the 30th hahahaah

The weekend before that the 23, is actually my B-day.. so I might be heading up for one last snowboarding hurrah but with the way the weather is that might not work either hahaha

The weekend before that... next weekend I would be down... but it also makes it kinda a quick thing if anyone has been thinking about stuff... (I don't know if all the parts I want to install are going to be in by then hahaha)

But whatev's I will try to make any one of those weekends to be honest...

We also need a location... I will bring my new tool set hahaha but thats not the most bad ass set... and I will bring some custom brewed Ice Tea and some beers and some snacks and whatnot... But I am sure we are going to need flat driveway space and good jacks and stands and what not...
I'd be in for a MOD day/meet and greet.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Nick-NY
I used the stainless steel gutter guards from Home Depot and painted them black after trimming them to fit.

I also gorilla glued the sides of the sticky squares for a little EXTRA holding power.
any photos ? I want to make sure this is the right stuff...
Old 03-11-2012, 05:05 AM
JK Newbie

Count me in for mod day lol I'm prob not gonna have much to mod but I'll come lend a hand!
Old 03-11-2012, 05:30 AM
JK Super Freak

So April 14 is no good for me unless it's in the afternoon.. And the 28/29 won't work. Other than that I am good.

I have a list of things I have been putting off in anticipation of warmer weather..
Old 03-11-2012, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Id love to make the mod day on the 6th but i will be in rausch creek that weekend doing an offroading course, ill definitely come to the next one or if its rescheduled. Dont know if ill have any mods at the time but will help out : )

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY